Opinions and Ideas needed.

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by geekdafied, Oct 26, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

I'd skip the whole thing and 8 12gal nano cubes...LMAO

2. Click Here!

3. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

LMAO, not a bad idea, except most of things I want will outgrow it pretty quickly, haha.

4. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

Sorry, not much info here. lol, my ideas are usually wrong anyway... BEST ADVICE, DON'T TAKE MINE>>>>> hahahaha

5. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

nah I'll take your advice, and do the opposite :p hahahahahaha

6. Nemo 2

Nemo 2 Bristle Worm

a blood shrimp is also a goo shrimp bright bright red.very cool shrimp a cleaner shrimp is also cool but a blood shrimp is brighter.how about a flame angel or lemon peel.they are cool.or a manderin golby.there are way to many cool fish!!!!!!!so many dont have a big enough tank.need bigger tank now!!!!lol;D

7. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

You can house a lot of fish, just have to know their husbandry, and have a enough filtration. Filtration is going to be done by the skimmer which is good for atleast 150g and filter that is good for 200g, and since this is going on at most a 90g tank, there I can house several fish aslong as they dont get too big, and if they do get big, only house them for awhile then move them to a bigger tank, or public aquarium. I had forgotten how close christmas is, this being the first christmas my lil girl will actually have a clue to whats going(she will be 2 dec 7th) I plan on giving her a pretty good christmas, I have the other 2 christmas's but she didnt get into the swing of things cause she just didnt know. Now I think she will understand a bit a better. So this may have to wait, or just not go as quick as I had hope. Not to mention the Ms's bday is in 2 weeks aswell.

So yeah, 2 birthdays and christmas in the next 2 months.

8. Click Here!

9. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

oh yeah, and not to be like anni and roger, we're gettin hitched in March too, so yeah, most of yall know how much it costs for all that, hahaha.

10. jimw369

jimw369 Fire Shrimp

You mentioned cannister filter. I used to use 100 micron filter socks only but small particles still were in the water column. I added an Ocean Clear cannister filter with filter material down to 25 microns and the option of running carbon with that also. Its really all but made the water crystal clear. Cant hardly find a speck moving in the tank anymore. Its a pretty good sized cannister but I managed to get it under my 90 gal tank.

Champion Lighting & Supply :: Canister Filters :: Red Sea Ocean Clear :: Ocean Clear 325 Canister Filter

Dam bug!

11. jbaker

jbaker Feather Duster

Love the pillar idea. I saw some pics of a tank which had a pillar and two islands. Pretty cool. Once I get my 110 set up, I get to bring it home tomorrow - WOOHOO, I am going to try my hand at DYI live rock. Pillars would be an easy way to learn about the DIY stuff. Post some pics when you get it set up.