Open Brain Question

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by trent51593, May 18, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. totter0817

totter0817 Purple Spiny Lobster

I seen your pic and that is what my brain started to look like too. I started to do iodine dips and spot feed but I think it was too little to late- all i have left now is pretty much skeleton. Good luck to you

2. Click Here!

3. trent51593

trent51593 Coral Banded Shrimp

Well just an up date. I spot feed it today with cyclopezee and brine shrimp. It did open up its mouths and took it in, but didnt look any better after words. I do think my one tang (not my yellow one) was nipping at him, so i moved it to the other side of the tank and it didnt seem to notice it over there. I dont know i just hope it will be ok, but probably not from what i have heard.

4. antonym518

antonym518 Purple Spiny Lobster

Check water, I don't feed my open brain and it does fine. Also I have never seen anything in my tank bother mine. Sometimes even with everything in order stuff dies. Sometimes you will never know why, IMO

5. BaxterS80

BaxterS80 Pajama Cardinal

Open Brain Problem

I just back from a business trip and my large green open brain has lost about 1/6 of skin. I target fed it last night and the mouth on the side that is ok opened its mouth and ate. Water parameters seem to be fine...
    Ammonia 0
    Nitrites 0
    Nitrates 5
    Calcium 450
    Alk 11.0
    Sg 1.027
    Ph 8.4

Help!!!

6. trent51593

trent51593 Coral Banded Shrimp

Im feeling ya man im haveing the same problem. Does urs seem to do better after lights off? I have noticed that when the lights are off it seems to look more inflated (not as nuch as before when it was healthy) and looking ok but when the lights come on it dont look good. I have also fed mine cyclopezee and it eats it but still no good signs are comeing along.

7. BaxterS80

BaxterS80 Pajama Cardinal

Actually it is the reverse, during the day it swells to about 5 times the size as when the lights are out...