Open Brain Coral Question~?~?~

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by ScubaBrett22, Mar 31, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. April Hope

April Hope Fire Shrimp

Hey there, my name is April and I am new to this forum. I wanted to continue this discussion cause I am in despirate need of help with my open brain. I am seeing skeleton, so far from reading your discussion I have discovered to take him off the rock, which I already did, and sat him on a piece of PVC pipe off the sand in case any little critters were getting it, we gently should blow the sand off and spot feed. I guess my question is, can we fix him? I'm attaching a picture. This is my husbands favorite coral so I am really hoping to help him.

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Hi April, welcome to 3reef.

Move the coral into an area of less intense lighting and target feed it. You need to aggressively feed the coral, take a plastic liter bottle that soda comes in, cut it in half. Place it over the coral and add a slurry of fine meaty sea food. It probably will not react the first couple times but it will eventually if you're persistent.

Swisswiss and WhiskyTango like this.
  4. WhiskyTango

WhiskyTango Eyelash Blennie

Yep, Follow C's advise on the feeding. LPS corals must eat to survive.

5. April Hope

April Hope Fire Shrimp

I definitely will, we have been feeding phytofeed drops daily, on top of normal feelings. Our fish guy said this would be enough, but I agree, I don't think it is. We just went and bought some mysis and will spot feed. We did have him sitting on a rock and the flesh was rubbing against a rock. He is huge puffy now. When our light shuts off, I'll try and see how he does spot feeding. Thanks for the responses.