OOPS HELP!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by david, May 21, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

What about nitrites, nitrates, temp, specific gravity, pH? These are important indicators and wihut them it's tough to answer your question definitively.

2. Click Here!

3. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

temp is 78'F
    S.G. is 1.025
    P.H. is 8.1
    Ca. is low around 385 (is usally like 410)
    Ammonia is 0.25
    nitrite is 0
    nitrate is 3
    I hope this helps
    test were all done with sea chem test kits except ammonia which was done with aquarium pharm.
    The tank looks good! Check out the LTA this was taken 5 min ago

4. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

See the green fuzzy algae on the live rock this is new I also have a new bout of brown dia. on the sand. Is this due to the filter not being on? I haven't seen a reading at all on ammonia for so long I'm scared will my tank be O.K.? I have water all set to go should I change more tomorrow again?
    Thanks as always !!! ;D

5. Craig Manoukian

Be cool and test.  I don't see anyting alarming and by the looks of your LTA and Clowns evrything should be OK.  If the ammonia jumps then change the water.  Don't add cycle as too many variables goof up the expirement, eh?

6. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

[quote author=Craig_Manoukian link=board=ASAP;num=1085180279;start=0#13 date=05/22/04 at 17:14:09]Be cool and test.  I don't see anyting alarming and by the looks of your LTA and Cowns evrything should be OK.  If the ammonia jumps then change the water.  Don't add cycle as too many variables goof up the expirement, eh?[/quote]
    Follow the yellow brick road and find OZ.... wow you found him already but he now goes by Craig.... His the man. Craig what is a cown?

7. Craig Manoukian

Oops didn't use spell check!

8. Click Here!

9. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

That's quite o.k. craig it's the advise I wanted! This isn't English class. Do you think I will see a rise in my nitrites and then nitrates? Or just an ammonia spike? Tank looks good today also except algae brown diatoms on the sand and mossy algae on my live rock and hair algae on the back glass.
    I have done several water changes this month phosphates are 0.02 I use only distilled water for make up and top-off
    And yes I tested that for copper levels too. I have been feeding more sparingly not even feeding the fish on days that I feed the anemones something the fish steal/get some of.
    I have just started using a pad to remove all the hair algae I can from the back glass using a turkey baster to blow the mossy stuff clean of detritus some actually blew right off ;D!
    I have been cleaning the skimmer more also.

10. Craig Manoukian

Souinds like a good plan. Not knowing how old your tank is, keep in mind that your tank is always maturing. Diatoms and algea are part of the deal.

11. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

Well I keep a detailed log and the first fish went in on 03/26/03
    so the tank is a little over a year into it. This is the worst bout of algea I have seen since going through cycling but I'm sure I'll get it nailed down.
    Ammonia this afternoon was below 0.25 but not 0 yet
    I still haven't gotten around to testing nitites/nitrates yet all other paramaters are looking good!
    Thanks so much dumb mistake scared the hell out of me!

12. Craig Manoukian

No problem David, I cam imagine the feeling, yikes! That's what we're here for is to have other eyes and ears to help.