One Spot Foxface Rabbitfish FOTM May 2009

Discussion in 'Fish of the Month' started by cuttingras, Jan 13, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

Thanks Brandon! I called him my little fatty...:lol:

2. Click Here!

3. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Nice article Linda! This is one that's on my "possible" list for my big tank. And it should just be noted the risks from the venom are only IF you are allergic ;) I got hit by one helping once at the LFS. Owner was wigging out. Honestly didn't do much to me, just a slight irritated feeling.

1 person likes this.
  4. cuttingras

Thanks Pack! Glad to hear it didn't hurt you!

5. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

Sweet article gras!!!!!!!!!
    :hehe:

1 person likes this.
  6. cuttingras

why thank you...thank you very much.......:)

7. reefer Bob

reefer Bob Montipora Digitata

I always liked these guys, people would come over and she would get excited and tell people "he is poisonous". It cracks me up now. He seemed to be so harmless and was good in our reef tank. These guys look so cool when they flare their fins, they just didnt do it to often. I also liked the magnificent foxface. Cool pick of a fish.

8. Click Here!

9. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

Great article! ;)

Tell me about it! I have a scribbed rabbit and had a Red Sea Sailfin. They were buddies. Seemed like my rabbit would follow and do whatever the tang did!

I fed them nori, algea, cheato, romaine lettuce etc daily. However the sailfin decided to eat my LPS corals (a clam, then my brain, then my acans) The rabbit joined him. They could not get enough to eat. I just caught my sailfin and placed him in my predator tank. However the stupid scribbed is ALSO eating the corals and I could not get him out. Have to go fishing again. If I catch him he will be going to the LFS...dont want to push the predator tank too much wth the golden puffer

1 person likes this.
  10. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

I wouldnt go petting them though! ;D I thought they hurt just like a lionfish? Thats good to hear but I give mine room

I got hit by my lion once and I was in so much pain....crying, vomitting, shooting pain etc! It hurt like a ............:cry:!

11. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

Try getting stung by a stingray. It was by far the worst pain I have ever felt. I seriously considered cutting my foot off.