Olympics Hockey - I'm smelling me a U.S. vs Canada final.

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by =Jwin=, Feb 25, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. slocal

slocal Doot!

USA dominating Finland 6-0 at the first intermission.

Canada is stacked but they're just a bunch of star power with one line that really plays as a team: the Thornton, Marleau, and Heatley line with Boyle to back up at the blue line. The USA is really playing like a team. Teams are deadly in hockey. Just asked Tavares, Nash, and other stars that play on a mediocre team.

2. Click Here!

3. puma

puma Flamingo Tongue

haha thats because they are an actual line. as u obviously know, being a sharks fan.

go sabres!! and miller with team USA!!!!!

4. slocal

slocal Doot!

haha, but it is true and any hockey fan knows that line. I miss Mike Grier. That guy is a great PKer!

5. bama

bama Humpback Whale

US Hockey number 1 superstar

6. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Well I was laughing through most of the first period of that U.S. against Finland game :lol: The Fins goalie supposedly had the best save percentage out of any of the other teams. Well, we sent him to the locker room halfway into the first period after 4 goals :lol:

7. slocal

slocal Doot!

Kipper is an amazing NHL tender. Today just wasn't his day. I'm sure he'll get a bronze out of it. You don't play for the medal if you stink.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. unclejed

unclejed Whip-Lash Squid

I hate the criteria of the olympics hockey tournament. Undefeated Sweden can lose one game and they are out. Canada is mediocre to say the least and they play undefeated USA for Gold?

10. sailorguy

sailorguy Torch Coral

More NHL allstars are Canadien,it's just the way it is.It's still a team sport though,should be an awesome game,especially if Miller stays in that zone he seems to be in.Of course I'm looking past tonights game with Slovokia.

11. slocal

slocal Doot!

I want to see Hossa dangle and Chara mangle!

12. Toronto_Guy

Toronto_Guy Fire Shrimp

That's part of the beauty of Olympic hockey. Our depth doesn't do us much good because you can only field the one team. If you follow the NHL, you could probably easily come up with a "B" team of Canadians that would be just as good as the "A" team.

Overall, it makes things more competitive, and that makes for a better tournament. What fun would it be to watch if one team winning was just a forgone conclusion?

1 person likes this.