Ok what the hell???

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by Robman, Feb 12, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. rogerstammy

rogerstammy Peppermint Shrimp

I took the advice of fellow 3reefers and got more snails and hermits for my clean up crew and my algae problem is MUCH better. I had 4 hermits in my 15h and went and bought 6 more like I was advised and within 24 hours they had my rocks clean. I had 2 snails and bought 6 more and my glass looks so much better.. Take their advice on the CUC.. they know what they are talking about!!!

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Annie3410

Annie3410 Teardrop Maxima Clam

all tanks have algae, you just have to find a balance between the algae produced and the algae eaten by your CUC. If you have a good CUC they eat the algae before it builds up enough for you to see it.

4. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

Cool -- Its hard to spend 200.00 on snails--I will add as many as I can afford-Probably 25 at a time. (Times are tight). How do you strain the frozen food--It is so fine--Sounds like a PITA

5. ianaco70

ianaco70 Bristle Worm

I take a small cup fill with water place the frozen food in a net and lay it over top of the cup. wait for it to melt and then spill out the water in the cup

6. Annie3410

Annie3410 Teardrop Maxima Clam

put the cube in a shot glass of tank water. let it melt and let all the food sink to the bottom, then use a syringe thing and suck the water off the top. add some fresh tank water and pour in.

7. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

cool -- Its feeding time I'll go try this and post results in a sec.

8. Click Here!

9. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

I honestly just use a paper towel to absorb the water.
    And check the reefcleaners.org website, there prices are very good. I believe they offer a forum discount here as well. Check their sponsor section on the board

10. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

Forum discount... This is good to know. Will be needing a clean up crew in a couple weeks for my 135..

Robman the clean up crew will do the job..Times are tight so do what you can. Also check out liveaquaria as you can make your own cleanup crew there also.

11. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

Ok I just fed them the 1/2 cube--dissolved in a shot glass then pulled out as much water with dipping a paper towel--refilled shot glass with tank water and fed--not that hard. I will definately try this however I dont see where that little bit of water in 1/2 cube makes that big a difference to 175 gallons of water--even daily. But You guys have never steered me wrong so we will see!!! Alot of people say to use the frozen only 1 or 2 times a week--but the pellets and flkes are supposed to be full of phosphates so what do you feed in between frozen??? I feed 1 time per day. I wont go every other or every third. I think that is cruel--How would you like it?--I would rather cut amounts by 2 or three.

12. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

This is an update to one of my posts (2 Weeks ago) I added 25 snails and strained the food--still feed daily with frozen. ALL DIATOM GONE!!!!!!--Thanks 3reef members!!!! Tank looks awsome now. Also changed from drip tray to filter sock---BIG DIFFERENCE!!