Ok...crossing fingers

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by TheDuck, Feb 12, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. nemo79

nemo79 Zoanthid

You can always use a rubbermaid container as a qt tank, it's better than nothing. I don't know if it's the same with sw but yes with freshwater they suggest upping the temp, this helps with treating diseases but not sure about sw. I heard always lower your sg for sw. Parasites have a hard time living in the lower salinity, or something like that. I am not sure about bleaching your decorations, I would be afraid of that bleach leaking into your tank in the future. I would imagine just freshwater would have worked, hopefully someone more experienced in this department can chime in on that.

2. Click Here!

3. TheDuck

TheDuck Fire Worm

Well, I removed all of the inverts and took them to the LFS for babysitting and got the copper treatment. I figure this would be best.

...still crossing my fingers...and waiting.

4. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

Good luck. Lowering my SG has done wounders. My majestic has lost like 90% of the spots, and looks 100% better. I mite lower the SG to 1.18 tomarow to kill the evil parisites. Just a thought.

5. TheDuck

TheDuck Fire Worm

(sigh)

Well, we lost the clown last night. He went behind a rock where the intake from the pump is and was too weak to get out of the suction flow...:( He was a fighter!!!

RIP Tater...we tried.

6. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

7. TheDuck

TheDuck Fire Worm

Well, the cycle seems to have slowed or ceased. We have a few more days of Copper treatment (we missed a couple of hermit crabs, but they are doing fine with the copper), and then let everything do what they do for a few weeks.

The Huma is doing fine, but seems a bit lonely with the other two fish gone...