Oil in the Gulf

Discussion in 'Environmental' started by reefmonkey, Apr 24, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

Only until the first hurricane hits the area directly and forces the work to stop...

2. Click Here!

3. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Yeah... I heard that's about to happen too :(

4. Kevin3884

Kevin3884 Tassled File Fish

Yeh I'm hoping that Hurricane Alex stays to the south......but its just a matter of time before something comes into the gulf that hooks this way :(.....as of right now the oil is still about 1hr 30 min from the beaches around here...but that can all change with a storm

5. PierceEye

PierceEye Aiptasia Anemone

Actually Kevin depending on where you live in Florida....as I live in Tampa/Clearwater area the Gulf Stream is about 150 miles off Clearwater Beach, so it would not hit our beaches unless that is we have a hurricane from the west to the east not even south to north up the west coast due to the circulation of a hurricane which is counterclockwise

6. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

has there been any data about the quantity of oil Robin Hood has thus far been able to steal from the rich? (costner)

Also, whose oil is recovered oil? The recovering companies? i.e. is costner able to work out some sort of 'mineral rights' his machines can recover or something?

7. blackraven1425

I would guess it would be whoever is operating the machine, if they own it. If it's leased, maybe another story, but I doubt it.

8. Click Here!

9. Kevin3884

Kevin3884 Tassled File Fish

I'm in the panhandle though...different story for us

10. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Yes, I would think it's still BP's oil. Now, I'm only assuming that Costner would not build these expensive? machines only to rent them.... he probably is selling them. Although... like I said, I'm just speculating here and I don't know what the actual situation is. I googled but did not find if BP bought or leased the equipment.

It would be interesting to know.

11. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

May Levels of Toxic Gases in Gulf Back Up Claim Made by Lindsey Williams

I know a lot of people see infowars.com as a propaganda founded site and even worse. But, some times they are right.

I cross checked this article with other website articles and it really does not look good, guys.

You don't have to watch the videos. Some of them are very long and in fact it bothered me that the person being interviewed does not want to give a name to "his source"... and they call the person Mr. X....

Besides the bull sht, other sites corroborate this info.

Here's another place:
    http://www.wwltv.com/news/gulf-oil-spill/Oil-Spill-Raises-Concerns-About-Air-Quality-Along-Coastal-Louisiana-94202149.html

And one more:
    http://www.southernstudies.org/2010/05/air-tests-from-the-louisiana-coast-reveal-human-health-threats-from-the-oil-disaster.html

12. blackraven1425