...Oh yes I did, Advice??

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by reefgirl16, Jul 7, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. insanespain

insanespain Ocellaris Clown

Perfect example of how this forum can do harm as well as good. I believe the op had live "lava rock" that probably was fully established with bacteria. After she posted a pic of her tank here, immediately everyone told her "how HORRIBLE lava rock is!" And that she needed to remove it immediately! So she yanked it out and dropped in her new rock. She should have kept it in the tank with the new rock and slowly removed it a piece at a time.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

Yes, I do recall someone telling her it will leach heavy metals...

4. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

[​IMG]
    :)

1 person likes this.
  5. Doratus

Doratus Teardrop Maxima Clam

They were both being sarcastic....

6. insanespain

insanespain Ocellaris Clown

I must have misread it then. Sorry for them, as anyone who acclimates anything for 2 hours just wasted over an hour of their life that they will never get back. To each their own.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

7. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Can we please specify who everyone is? I never told her that.If you saw the wrong advice being given why didn't you tell her? Also asking questions to people you don't really know should not be your only means of research. How do you know the people responding aren't crazy glue sniffers?Being proactive means READING,READING, then Reading some more.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. jimmy_beaner

jimmy_beaner Teardrop Maxima Clam

I mentioned it in regards to a $90 RBTA... close to that lower limit... and a $35 shrimp... as well as the shipments of corals I put in the tank.
    would either of you care to elaborate on why it's better to leave an animal in a bag of ammonia water for hours on end while the likely relatively minor differences in Mg or other constituents can be accounted for while you slowly drip acclimate? Large differences in SG should be dealt with slowly in a QT tank... so that's out.
    It's not even about "my time". They're in waste water.

10. reefgirl16

reefgirl16 Feather Duster

lol u made my day

11. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

I am fairly confident she got the anemone from her lfs, thus the anemone wouldnt be sitting on ammonia like you are mentioning. Those "relatively" minor differences can define whether the animal survies or not. If she had bought this online, then what you said would be true and even then you would still need some type of acclimation.

12. Brennan

Brennan Gigas Clam

One word, Prime.