...Oh yes I did, Advice??

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by reefgirl16, Jul 7, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefgirl16

reefgirl16 Feather Duster

You really think so??:anxious:

2. Click Here!

3. insanespain

insanespain Ocellaris Clown

It should be fine, it seems like you know enough to keep an eye on it and take care of it. There's a lot of haters on here that think you need to wait till retirement age before your ready for a nem, I disagree. Congrats on the new add

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

1 person likes this.
  4. reefgirl16

Lol, I know enough to watch for signs of distress but as far as how happy he will be I'm not sure.
    ;D Thanks for the congrats insanespain I feel like I might be up to takeing care of it now

5. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

I think you are confusing haters for people who care alot about the animals of the planet.:cry:
    Good luck with him. Hope it turns out.

6. reefgirl16

Wow, there seems to be a few people who think I can't do this... makes me doubt myself but I will work hard!

7. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Have you followed on her other threads about her lack of lighting, lack of flow, lack of experience?

Reefergirl,

The questions you ask indicate that you are NOT ready for an anemone. I'm sorry to sound harsh but it's how I feel. At the store, I tell people, "No, you're not ready". Obviously, if you came into MS, I wouldn't sell you one. I don't believe in some "magical number of months for a tank to be mature". I do, however, believe in looking at the knowledge a reefer has obtained. I've known people that have entered this hobby and they throw themselves into it 100% and they read, and read, and read. I don't feel that you've done this.

With that said, the damage is done so there's no reason to beat a dead horse.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. reefgirl16

Hey, I now have Lights AND flow, while I may be young and new i'm not entirely stupid.

10. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

The Nem does look okay right now, but they are tough to care and with lack of experience its going to be even more of a struggle. But best of luck to you im sure with enough reading on the signs of how its doing and when it needs fed and all it will be okay. Ill try to find the site with the Nem info if someone doesnt post it before I do.

11. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Young doesn't mean anything to me. I've worked with kids and young adults for over half of my life. I'm not prejudiced against young people.

I never once said you're stupid. I'm suggesting that you wanted what you wanted and you bought it. Read the very first sentence of your thread.

12. reefgirl16

I'm 5' It's hard to see into aquarium that the base is where the top of ur head is. when I got him home and in the water he looked kinda puney that's why I questioned my choice