OH NO! Possible oil spill imminent on Great Barrier Reef

Discussion in 'Environmental' started by gabbagabbawill, Apr 4, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

The Chinese aren't exactly environmentalists. I know that many ships would veer from shipping lanes if it could save money, but doing it on the great barrier reef is just absolutely dumb, and I'd like to think that most captains wouldn't risk this kind of thing in this particular area.

2. Click Here!

3. ScubaBrett22

ScubaBrett22 Fire Shrimp

i agree with you 100%

4. Broaner

Broaner Feather Duster

Edited statement after containing my rage.

This guy should be chopped into bits and feed to the reef inhabitants.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  5. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

things are MUCH easier when one hits the "report this post to a moderator" button rather than taking things into ones own hands....Curt

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2010
  6. NU-2reef

NU-2reef Montipora Digitata

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!

both of you are out of line here. things need to be handled with maturity and courtesy. and telling someone to do something to oneself is not adressing the issue with any courtesy.

please keep it friendly

7. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

You know at 35 years old I have heard it all but this is a family forum. I just think the swearing is not called for. If I am out of line for thinking this fine. I have been part of this community for about 3 years I appericaite it and hope me keeping this family orentied does not leave me a black mark. I think the swearing is just not called for!

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

I agree with you that this is a family forum and I'm very glad you have a sense of ownership and protectiveness of 3Reef. Please hit the Moderator button next time so emotions don't escalate. No harm, no foul. Problem solved.:)

1 person likes this.
  10. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

Horrible. The reef will recover, though. The captain needs to be fired, the company slapped with huge fines, and there needs to be a better GPS tracking / alert system installed on ships to notify when they stray from course such as this.

11. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

Thanks Curt! I was unaware of this feature on the forum.... I appoligise if I came across wrong. BTW where is the mod button?

12. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

You didn't come off wrong. I completely understood that you had your kid reading with you so I understand.

Under your user name, you'll see the online/offline button, the scales to give people Karma, and the little red triangle button. The red triangle will report a post to the mods/admin.