Oh No.....I found a spider in my Salt Tank

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by CODEE111, Apr 23, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

+1. I'm in the dietary supplement and pharmaceutical business.

Be very careful about making your own supplements and making statements about it on the internet. The FDA is daily shutting people down, handing out fines, and giving folks jail time for the claims of colloidal silver curing diseases...it is against the law to make unproven claims, and as of yet, none of the claims of colloidal silver curing anything have been proven in controlled studies.

If you claim something you make cures a disease, it must be registered as a drug with the FDA, which means submitting it to them as a new drug, controlled clinical trials, and receiving approval.

2. Click Here!

3. CODEE111

CODEE111 Peppermint Shrimp

Sushi Girl and Coraline.... Points well taken and thank you for letting me know. I do know that what works for one doesn't necessarily work for others and I did extensive research on the product before trying it. With me, it was a take a chance or be sick for the rest of my life situation that was getting really old, really fast. Fortunately for me, it worked. And I was out of line to suggest he call the Health Food Store and inquire of it for the brown recluse bite. I thought I was helping but I was out of line and I do apologize.

I have tried to delete the posts but one couldn't be deleted. Any idea how to get rid of it?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
    2 people like this.
  4. gabbagabbawill

gabbagabbawill Pajama Cardinal

I was going to ask before if you were taking any weird drugs when you were sitting in front of your tank seeing spiders, but now I know... :p thanks for clearing that up!!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  5. CODEE111

I did see a spider and I don't do any drugs.

6. aw1447

aw1447 Montipora Capricornis

No worries on the bite! It was a few weeks ago.. It went threw a few little "stages", but its not so bad now. They actually had anti vemon stuff for recluse bites that I got hooked up with thru an IV. Along with a few other shots then antibiotics.. But hey I got paid time off work :) haha and you know thats ALWAYS good. I would post a pic of it a few days after it happened, but I know no one wants to see that lol. Sorry the story was a little off topic and I wasn't intending to hijack your thread, but I just wanted to share the story to let you know to be careful!!! Never know what that little thing could be packing ya know.. The gloves are a fantastic idea. Anyways. I hope you catch him codee! I'm really just interested to see what it is.. I've been looking around the web with your description, but haven't really found any matches as to what you described. I'm sure he'll turn up sooner or later!

7. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

Codee111, don't worry about it too much, just would hate to see someone get themselves in trouble! If you really want to change your post you could just edit it, I suppose.

8. Click Here!

9. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

CODEE111 your not selling the stuff, your just stating a story that has happened to you. i dont think you can be fined for a story. i wouldnt worry about it.

10. gabbagabbawill

gabbagabbawill Pajama Cardinal

You can give her advice till she's blue in the face, but I don't think she's listening to any of it... :p

11. CODEE111

I am listening and I do appriciate what the girls told me. I had no idea I could get in trouble. I was only trying to help as I've know people who have been bit by the Recluse and it is hard to get rid over and I'm glad his bite is getting better. No offense intended. Thanks again ladies.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  12. pagojoe

pagojoe Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

...but back to the spider... :) If it has pincers/claws, it's probably a spider-looking crab, since I've never seen either a spider or pycnogonid that had them. Some of the gall crabs can look remarkably like spiders. I'm betting whatever you have isn't venomous (although some crabs are taboo in the islands, and can't be eaten because they are considered poisonous).

Cheers,

Don