Officially PC free and all Mac!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by cosmo, Feb 21, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

I play Portal on my mac...

2. Click Here!

3. SwimsWithFish

SwimsWithFish Giant Squid

GarageBand on mac is great for recording.

4. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

Hmmm lets ask the real question do you know what hardware your mac is running? lol I bet you will get a laugh when you see that its an INTEL processor, gpu, sound card, nic and just about every other component inside your MACS unless its 4 years or older. Now the software well it runs of a UNIX based platform that was first used by IBM and is still used today by many many servers because it is very stable and somewhat more secure. None the less great looking laptop i have both MAC and PC. Dont prefer one over the other until it comes to cell phones then APPLE is to far behind for a techy person like me.

5. lillys Grandad

lillys Grandad Horrid Stonefish

precisely.
    Wife has the I-phone (facetime for grand kids)...all my girlz have the I-pad and I-phone..I bought the Galaxy Tab because it beat the I-pad in technical/hardware specs hands down(usb,sd,FLASH player,price)...but I use a PC laptop...quad core..4 gigs RAM.. I have been in the industry since before Windows 3.1..worked on and used apple products...they are cool...and that's where I have some of my investment stock, because cool sells.. but it's PC for me....don't misunderstand, its a good product, but when it breaks...adios....like that I-mac in the back bedroom...stick a fork in it..video lines. :angry:
    JMO..personal choice...Enjoy your new Laptop.;D

6. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Yeah I know pcs are much more easily fixed and tweaked an I'm not anti pc, just really anti my last HP! Junk! The plastic would break if you looked at it wrong and there was just something wrong internally that even HP couldn't figure out! Lol! There customer service is whack! And I know this computer was out together in the same factory as a dell using very similar components! Just gonna be a refreshing change of pace not having to run registry malware cleaners everyday!

7. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

LOL, you know you're on a reefing site when one of the top threads of the week is PC vs Mac

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. lillys Grandad

lillys Grandad Horrid Stonefish

LOL...thats pretty funny. : )
    ..but really, it is all personal preference, the same as your tank...its yours and your money....ya get what ya want.
    good thread though !:)

10. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

Lol i like in this thread someone comparing their 2000+ dollar macbook pro air to their 500 dollar hp. Of course it outperforms lol. Put that macbook pro beside an alienware PC and watch whose slow then.

Bottom line is the business world runs on PC. Most major Software is PC based.

Few things to watch, PC doesn't advertise. Where for last 7 years Macs form of advertisment was putting down PC instead of showing what they could do better.

Palm was the first company to make a touch screen phone, then apple came and stole their technology made it slightly better and the world now believes The Iphone is the first of its kind.

11. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

Oh man i totally forgot about the palm i had one of those bad in the day the touch planner then it was the hp handheld pc lol if you wanna see something really cool check out OSX86

12. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

I'd love a $2000 Macbook pro air!;)