Officially PC free and all Mac!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by cosmo, Feb 21, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

that sux! weird. no bueno

2. Click Here!

3. chumslickjon

chumslickjon Purple Spiny Lobster

Please don't make me out to be a hater. I don't hate mac, I don't hate any new technology, but I do see the need to correct the misinformation spewing in this thread and all the hatred being touted against PCs.
    If you need to, read back on my posts, you'll even read me saying that macs are a solid machine that I've been telling certain people to use for many years.
    Bottom line is this, I had a healthy debate going with thegrimguy, until that little jem he posted about how much his IT budget is and how he guarantee's that he's purchased more machines than me. He basically took a healthy debate and tried turning it into a pissing match, sorry but I don't do pissing matches. And for the record, a 25K yearly IT budget is not something to brag about.

Cosmo, congrats on the new toy, there's no doubt it will serve you well for many years.

1 person likes this.
  4. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

It was a direct response to your comment on the number of dells you owned. You stated that you had owned 100s of dells as if I didn't have enough experience with dell. Not everything is a personal attack. Just a comment on the extensiveness I have dealt with Dell. I never intended that as a personal attack and not everyone is "bragging" sometimes comments truely are meant at face value. I apologize for not clarifying my post.

5. Beenoff

Beenoff Plankton

yes! mac book air rocks! I have a macbook air 11 inch with a twelvesouth bookbook cover. I get compliments all the time and people don't even realize i am carrying around a laptop. An expensive one, too.. :( so expensive... darn you, apple.

6. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

lol! i'll have to look into that cover!

7. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

I just bought one! I have been looking for a good case. That thing is too cool!

8. Click Here!

9. Inertiatic

Inertiatic Bubble Tip Anemone

This had turned into quite the thread. I run both A Mac and a laptop loaded with Ubuntu at home. I love my Mac and never thought I would become an apple person. Love their engineering and since they design their software to run on their hardware, everything performs beautifully.

And grim, I know what you mean about dell. From doing computer repair, let me tell you dells are the worst. Most common broken computer we get. Majority of bad motherboards I've noticed are with dells and finding the right drivers is a hassle.

10. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

Apple uses PC components, They do not make their own hardware. Your first statement is not true unfortunately.
    Secondly intel and amd and pretty much everyone else supplies their own dirvers for free on their manufacturers websites. Dell does not make their own motherboard your statements should have said The intel pg35xc has been found to break down the most, dell has many different PC's. My PC once started as a dell, only dell component left is the dvd drive lol, but My PC is a video and photography editing beast.

For all the apple users for iphone,l ipad, itouch, and anyone running a version of windows through bootcamp or something or jailbroken. This just shows they miss the customization of a pc and are unhappy with apples limited customizations. PC lover is disguise!

11. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Nah, I think most just run windows when necessary for compatibility with work or a certain program, but quickly return to the Mac version when finished!;)

12. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Not necessarily mac, but I much prefer Unbuntu (which mac is based off of) to any windows computer. Apple took what was good about Ubuntu and made it so you could use propitiatory software on it without having to use programs such as Wine.