Officially PC free and all Mac!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by cosmo, Feb 21, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jodah

Jodah Feather Duster

Hey Thatgrimguy: Go burn a DVD using ONLY the macbook air, no external drives pls?:-D (that was friendly btw)

In all honesty though, I love the way Apple products look. I simply can not justify the price for the SAME internal components that are not as easily upgraded. Granted, that goes for most laptops.

It probably doesn't help that I'm the type of person that if I can't build it myself and put it together myself, I probably don't need it. Within reason of course.

edit: Guide to fix a Dell and make it run properly: Install Ubuntu....

2. Click Here!

3. Servillius

Servillius Montipora Digitata

I don't mean to beat up on anyone, just to make a business point. This is an important aspect manufacturers don't want to understand (I spent years in manufacturing making this very mistake to my detriment). Hardware means nothing if it doesn't perform. I don't buy hardware, I buy a consumer product. If my consumer product doesn't work, or works poorly, or feels unfriendly to use, then the fact that the hardware is the same is an indictment of the producer, not a defense of the product.

4. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

True. But the external is only $89 and I don't find myself on the fly needing discs. I weighed that in the decision. I have never owned a mac prior to a week ago. And while I'm very impressed with the quality. It's not like I'm hating on PC, I am hating on Dell. But that's due to a recent huge let down on customer service from them on an extremely large corporate purchase. (well extreme for my business)

I said in the beginning that I will keep my PC towers but I'm extremely impressed with the quality and value of this laptop for laptop uses. Not as my sole computer. But for typing on the fly, web searching and general entertainment. I am way happier than I expected to be.

5. gcarroll

gcarroll Zoanthid

In all fairness, you are correct that Apple bought Siri but they were also responsible for dedicating massive resources to the Siri project. Something that the original owners were not able to do. In that sense they bought a small company with big dreams and a great product and used Apples resources to make those dreams come true quickly!

I am a mac guy (been one since 1990) and use a PC at work. I completely understand that a PC is far more capable than a Mac but what I love is the way Macs work so well with the IOS devices and their other products. Bottom line is that everything works together. Apple has a big advantage over PC and Android devices as they can build the hardware to get the most out of the software and vice versa. This is a big reason why there are so many more apps being written for IOS over Android. With so many companies building Android devices, there is no continuity with the hardware and thus it places limits on the developers. With apple, all the devices are the same since apple makes them. This allows for a more structured approach when creating the software.

And to those that think that PC's rule the business world. Keep your eye out as more and more businesses are going Mac. I see it every day. Especially in this industry! This weekend I visited Occulus Aquatics, a mareine aquarium wholesaler, and their entire system was Macs. Last week I visited Cadlights, guess what Macs and Ipads and Iphones. Marine Depot, even has some Macs. The world is changing and don't be suprised.

As for governments:
    US Government Drops BlackBerry to Adopt iOS Devices
    Two new iPhone commercials, NOAA adopts iPhone, AT&T talks 2GB throttling | iPhone Buzz
    Army Adopts Macintosh for World Wide Web

6. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

What a debate we have going here! I started this, and sorry for those that have their feathers rustled! I'm not a techy, but i have many friends that are! And I think either side could build a comparable system that would be a virtual tie in most areas, with the mac clearly winning some and the PC clearly winning others!

Here's what i wanted! I fast toy, that when i turn it on, it works just as fast as it did yesterday, without having to download this cleaner, or that registry fixer, or this optimizer! I wanted a no fuss no mess, no worry computer with a badass battery life!

Well sorry, but PC laptops don't fit that bill! Remember i said a toy, which is why i bought the Air and not the pro!

Getting ticked off (chumslickjohn);) because someone disagrees with you on this subject is ludicrous! There is plenty to say positive about both! I just got sick of the hassle of keeping a PC running fast! So i paid more to help alleviate that problem! /there's room for both! No need to get upset over it! It's a machine, not your first born son!

But until PC's figure out how to prevent constant error messages and path faults, etc etc, I'm gonna stick with Mac, and day after day, turn it on, play on the internet, and enjoy!

Enjoy your pc's! To each their own! you didn't pay for mine, and i didn't pay for yours!;)
    Happy reefing and stuff!

7. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

there is alot of mixed info in here yes but what i have been saying goes your happy with what you paid for so it doesnt matter what anyone else says :) but if you ever find yourself needing a windows emulator remember you can use an actual copy of windows because the hardware the the SAME!!! lol

8. Click Here!

9. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

10. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

11. SwimsWithFish

SwimsWithFish Giant Squid

12. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid