Officially PC free and all Mac!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by cosmo, Feb 21, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. skurious

skurious Sailfin Tang

We dont have 4g here yet either, still works just fine on 3g. And im usually around wifi anyways.

2. Click Here!

3. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

i see so your talking about the size you cant get a laptop as thin that is for sure! Macs use socket less boards. That is still all personal preference dont actually come down the operate ability of one vs the other.

4. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

5. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

Yes, I'm strictly talking about the thin and lightweight factor. And that it still has a full keyboard and screen.

I love my PCs still. I'm not giving them up. But for laptop purposes. This thing has really impressed me. And I have found that most of my preconceived notions about mac were wrong. Like not having flash, not being able to have Office and not being able to run Windows based programs at all, were wrong. It's just a functional or more so than my pc laptop that is 3 times it's size and weight and doesn't work worth a crap unplugged.

1 person likes this.
  6. vawdka

vawdka Coral Banded Shrimp

Grats. i personally don't use mac products regularly but i have. They are elegant and work well. My only beef is that everyone claims its better. you're paying for the name and the elegance. my pc can do everything your mac can technically i can even boot in seconds. its all in the hardware and configuration...

Really though i personally don't have anything against them other than the price for the product.

In the end we are both happy with what we have... You just paid more to be happy, elegant, and refined.

7. chumslickjon

chumslickjon Purple Spiny Lobster

The link I posted was in reply to your comment saying that everything in the PC world is huge, which is very far from the truth. There are companies that have made tiny handheld PC's for many years, you just don't hear about it. I'm sure there's a ton more that you don't hear about. This whole commercialization of computers is very bad for technology as a whole.

So what do you think about the ultrabooks then? Those are on par with macbook air as far as form facto is concerned. And how do you feel about the Yoga flip, which will give you a fully functional laptop and tablet in a single device? Great strides are being made in the technological world.

8. Click Here!

9. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

very true you can find most of the software that is on both systems unless you work for the DOD and then a MAC will never work for you :)

10. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

If you think there are no viruses for Macs, you are poorly informed. With more and more people using Apple computers, more viruses will be written for those machines.

I like crapple's ipod and ipad, but feel their iphone and a number of their other products are a ripoff. Not to mention, all of the BS lawsuits crapple has filed against droid competitors. They also file for patents based on android features. Each time a "new" iphone is released, they only change one or two things and call it life changing. Give me something original and maybe I'll buy an iphone over my rooted droid devices. The glass makes the iphone look sleak, but the fact they didn't use gorilla glass makes it an inevitable flaw. All it takes is one drop without a case or with a poorly designed case to shatter the glass on both sides.

Anyway, back to crapple computers. If I ever needed to do video editing or got back into photoshop, I would purchase a mac. Until then, i will take my custom built PCs anyday.

11. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

I love Siri and iCloud.

Siri says she loves me too.....

12. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

Siri, just another product crapple claims they came up with when in reality they bought the tech from another company and implemented it into the iphone. Nothin wrong with that, but just hate the way they make themselves seem so much better than everybody else for just buying other people's tech.