Official Reef Capable LED Entries Thread

Discussion in '3reef Forum News & Information' started by Matt Rogers, Sep 3, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kovu

Kovu Fire Worm

If I got the led light I would be able to have some light loving corals in my nano aquarium that is cycling right now. It will also be my first experience with led lighting as well as a small aquarium, maybe meant for each other :D
    2)Facebook page
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. stauchistory

stauchistory Feather Duster

I'm also a fan on Twitter and Facebook. I'm pretty new to sw tanks but would use this light to set up a small tank for my 11 year old daughters room. She loves all kinds of critters, so we will soon have to move her to another that has more space. She is attached to every animal she cares for.

Sorry I don't have it set up yet to show in a pic. Good luck everyone.

My Twitter account: Blake Stough (stauchistory) on Twitter
    My Facebook account: Blake M. Stough | Facebook

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  4. jdog54

jdog54 Plankton

If I won I could take the 29 gal I just emptied and use to start a nice zoa farm. By the way the 29 was a fresh water that was up graded to a 60gal. Still have the 55gal salt and love both.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2010
  5. Pennstatereefer

Pennstatereefer Feather Duster

New to the hobby!!!

OK, here is the link to my web page Swampmankids Reef

I am now a fan on facebook------ Tyler Schnure

Now what would I do with this fixture? Well that depends on if it will fit my 29gal reef tank. If it would, I would replace my homemade fixture with this one. If not then I would finally set up a frag tank. I've been wanting to to experiment with propagation and this would give me the push to do it!!!!

Here is the link to my photobucket feel free to check it out---- Pictures by swampmankid - Photobucket

COOL CONTEST!!

6. Raimond

Raimond Bristle Worm

I have two of the MARINELAND Double Bright fixtures on my 110G FOWLR and love them.

If I won this light I could put my 30T to a better use than as a water mixing container. I have always wanted to try a small reef tank, this would give me the opportunity to actually accomplish my goal. :sunny:

Thanks 3reef!

[​IMG]

7. LukeJustice

LukeJustice Plankton

liked on facebook... name is luke justice
    linked on blog: The Justice's
    and... i would use the light on the nano that im cycling right now... which currently has no light on it :)

[​IMG]

8. Click Here!

9. french5

french5 Astrea Snail

Became a fan on Facebook - Carroll French
    Shared a link on my wall.
    I would use this for the 30 tall I've been thinking about setting up in the bedroom. If I can't have a view of the ocean out the window, might as well have a little view in the bedroom. :)

10. con999

con999 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

i would use this light on my 26 gallon reef. I probaly would go out and buy it in a few years when its chepper( im 14 thats why i cant buy one now) and with all the money I saved I would use it to set up a sump and buy a better skimmer for my tank.
    im a fan on facebook. (connor mcdowell)
    i cnat get my twitter to load but well I did post a link on their.

ill try to get a pic of my tank up i cant find out how to though if someone could help me that would be great

11. Tadpole1mill

Tadpole1mill Purple Spiny Lobster

This light would change EVERYTHING i have fluval edge thats EXTREMELY difficult to light considering the tank's unique shape. its currently salty with gsp, a goby and some button polyps, i have some GHETTO kitchen led lights(eh i'm a poor college student dont judge me too harshly lol) to supplement the stock halogen lights....basicaly the only things i can keep are gsp and the button polyps lol

This light would allow me to finally make it al ittle zoa garden and i'm sure my little trimma goby would enjoy it.

I've attached a picture of my yellow halogen goodness lol :)

i have liked you guys on fbook, i already follow you on twitter, and linked you guys on twitter :)

my twitter name is @drseph :)

[​IMG]

oh and thats WITH flash lol

12. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

With this light I will finally be able to get my bedroom 20gal going with some long awaited SPS coral. This tank has been put on hold for way too long. Additionally, there are currently no hobbyists in Trinidad utilizing L.E.D. lights for their reef tanks. It'd be cool if I were the first;D
    Here's the set up in my bedroom thus far:
    [​IMG]
    I'm now also a fan on Facebook. I don't have a Twitter account as yet lol:-X
    I linked 3reef on my FB wall;)
    3reef.com | Facebook

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.