::Official Modern Warfare 2 Thread::

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by NaClCrocodile, Nov 4, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Beaun

Beaun Fire Shrimp

Dedicated servers is the way CoD4 and almost any other FPS is played. Where people (usually clans) pay sites to host their servers and they control those servers (rules, game type, map...). The PC version will now have a matchmaking system just like consoles. This ultimately means no mods to the game and no control over who you are playing with. Our clan had already paid for a server but had to get out money back. Mods and customization are two things that set PC gaming apart, and they removed that ability for some reason.

They claim it is to make it easier for PC users, but if you are intelligent enough to get a high end gaming rig, you are smart enough to find a server you like to play in. It is the default system that PC games have been using for years, it works and it is easy to customize your experience. I'm all for change, but this is a step in the wrong direction as far as I'm concerned. Ultimately this is a console game that you can play on your PC.

2. Click Here!

3. mattheuw1

mattheuw1 Montipora Capricornis

COD is the best first person shooter ever. Don't have enough time to play my 360 these days but I always keep up with the call of dutys.

EderDam COD 3, one of my faves!!!!!

Modern Warfare was pretty cool, just too short! Anyone have modded 360s? I always seem like I'm the only one. fyi, this game has already been released online as a torrent.

4. mikev15101

mikev15101 Purple Spiny Lobster

my buddy does thats how i was playing it...did you do it yourself?

5. NaClCrocodile

NaClCrocodile Skunk Shrimp

Yeah, I'm happy enough with my elite not modded. Too much to risk if you ask me. Although I did know a guy on XBL whose friend knocked off a GameStop truck and got like $400 worth of Microsoft Points (20,000 points or something). The guy worked at the GameStop so he activated them. I roll with a sketchy squad lol

6. infamous

infamous Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Quake 3 Arena and COD 4 are the best FP Shooter games ever made.

I cant wait to get my hands on MW2... all you console players move out the way hahaha

cant mess with PC skills

They kinda pooped on PC gamers, removing custom mods and dedicated server support. PC players made this game what it is and FPS games for that matter.

way to go infinity

7. KY_Tanked

KY_Tanked Fire Worm

Paid mine off today so I can get in the fast line at 12:00!

8. Click Here!

9. mikeHVAC

mikeHVAC Spaghetti Worm

they need this new modern warfare 2 to recover from WAW .Go assassins creed 2!

10. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

I played the Halos online on PC, but I've always played other FPS games on my 360. Especially the Call of Duty's. I don't know why I've done it that way, but I guess I can relate to both worlds.

And yes, getting rid of dedicated servers was a very bad move IMO. I hate Halo Matchmaking on Live. Ugh. I guess that's why I played those on PC...

11. browntrout

browntrout Fire Shrimp

Been playing borderland and DJ hero while waiting for the best game ever to come out next week

12. Beaun

Beaun Fire Shrimp

They also just released that for PC it is being restricted to 9v9, no console commands, no leaning abilities, no option to record matches, no way to kick or block players (cheaters). Interesting changes in the game. No reason to buy it for PC anymore, especially with a $60 price tag.