Odyysea Lights and replacement bulbs

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by coldshot, May 2, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Hey Danny, I believe this Q has been asked already, you may want to search for it. But I can tell you that most ppl go with the T-5 units b/c of two factors. 1. cost and 2. Heat issues. Luna

2. Click Here!

3. coldshot

coldshot Blue Ringed Angel

I was reffering to brand's of t-5's but that is probaly some where in an old post also. I will search for it this evening but on my income I am going to step out and try the buildyouraquarium.com lighting system. I once tried to find other user's that have tried these light's but I guess I will be a first.... Does Odyssea make a good T5 unit?
    Danny

4. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

I believe that they do, but I wouldnt use the phrase "make a GOOD" if you know what I mean.........lol check out www.aquatraders.com or look up hommby on Ebay, I bought my unit from him. Good luck with your search. Luna

5. coldshot

coldshot Blue Ringed Angel

This unit came from Hommby he is out of everything I looked the other day and no items for sale...bummer good people to deal with..

6. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

The problem that I have with the merchandise on Ebay is that, you have to ask yourself how can these ppl sell their merchandise cheaper than other suppliers. Besides overhead, paying employees and other factors, I think that alot of the items that sells on Ebay is either litely used, didnt pass inspection, refurbished or returned. Luna

7. shipbear

shipbear Bubble Tip Anemone

I have a Odyssea T5 HO unit.. 4x54 watts.... Plus ...
    4x65 watts PC
    on a custom made 60 gal tank..
    478 total Watts..... The T5 HO's cost me around 125.00 shipped...

I need to replace my PC bulbs this month.. When I can find the right bulbs..
    I have to do it all the best/cheapest way I can.
    The T5's run cooler then the PC's.. I'm very happy with them.. BUT ...
    I wouldn't be happy with just the T5's.. But the T5's AND PC's together put out alot..
    My tank is big enough to hold both sets easy..
    Worked for me..

Larry

And I never run all the lights for more then a few hours, then I turn some of the PC daylites off.. My PC bulbs are around 8 months old.. Thats why I need to replace them ... now ...
    The T5's are new.. Got them the Last time the Eagle flew....

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  8. Click Here!

9. Johnnie Mac

Johnnie Mac Bristle Worm

or stolen......

1 person likes this.