Odyysea Light Bulb's

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by coldshot, Apr 12, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. coldshot

coldshot Blue Ringed Angel

I have the Odyysea light set with the 2-65 day and 2-65 act. I want to get rid of the act and go all daylight. Does any one know where they sell the bulbs online at. I wasnt able to find any on ebay. I googled it but only found complete fixtures.

2. Click Here!

3. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

i would not buy oddysea brand bulbs as they are very cheap and dont put out good spectrum. from what i have heard the actinics are painted blue

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  4. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

aquatraders.com and yeah those bulbs are junk. What size are you looking for?

5. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

You dont have to buy Odyssea Power Compact(PC) bulbs when it comes time to replace them. All you need to do is make sure there the same wattage and which spectrum you want. Luna

6. coldshot

I guess 65 watts is the highest I can go, so thats what I am looking for. And they are not the straight bulb, they are the u shaped bulb's. What would be a better brand bulb to go with thats going to have the same pin's for the plug in, or do they all have the same jack...? I want brighter,,
    Danny

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  7. Tadpole1mill

Tadpole1mill Purple Spiny Lobster

Aren't you doing a Coral only tank? Pc's aren't that great for most corals, what are you thinking of keeping?

8. Click Here!

9. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Look at reefgeek.com. They have some good choices for UVL PC bulbs. I think that is your best bet.

10. shipbear

shipbear Bubble Tip Anemone

I #1 that..
    No they not painted..
    Coldshot have you removed the frosted film on the splash guard yet..?
    That'll give you alittle more light, and save a mess later..

You need to check befor going all daylite.......

PharmnJohn, don't corals need the blues..??
    To help do something..? That the whitelites don't do.... I'm 98% sure they do....

Plus your color might/will suck.... The blues bring out alot of color the whites don't..
    I think it all has something to do with Fluorescent . Like being under a BlackLight..

Larry

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  11. coldshot

I hear that alot PC's arent good for this and that and then I look at other's with PC and they have this and that that according to some would die under PC but dont, So that statement is some what abused....I am not trying to be rude please dont get me wrong, but I look at what other's have under PC and go from there then I know what I can keep and what I cant keep. Back to the light bulb's..have a great day and once again I am not being rude just looking for a different answer.........

12. coldshot

Yeah I got it off first thing Larry, I was thinking if the actinics were painted that would be great then I could just scrape the paint off and use them...Take care Larry
    Danny