Odyssea Lights

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by Black_Raven, Jun 17, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. DiamondBitsUSA

DiamondBitsUSA Astrea Snail

Aquatraders sells them but you can get them cheaper on ebay. Look for 250W HQI bulbs.

2. Click Here!

3. ARIZE13

ARIZE13 Plankton

I heard current bulbs will fit the PCs but does anyone know about the halogen bulbs.I have had my ODDYSEA lights for over a year and they have worked great for me but its time to replace the bulbs and i dont know were to get them.

4. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

You mean the MH bulbs?

5. mandarin11

mandarin11 Peppermint Shrimp

On a side note, for all those people who have the 72" oddysea fixtures, how long is the fixture itself? I know with the legs that it is 72", but I'm hoping to be able to leave those off and fit one into the canopy over a 135g that only has 70.75" of room to work with.Thanks:)

6. darrell

darrell Astrea Snail

This has been a hot topic everywhere at all the reef sites and in all the lfs i go to as for me i have had good luck with mine and hope that i will continue to due to the price and how hard it was to find a fixture to fit my 60" long tank that had 3 250 watt MHs so to all that buy these lights i wish the same luck that i have had

7. mattchew

mattchew Bristle Worm

FYI: if you are at all interested Raven... if you look up Aquatraders, on the better business bureau's site, under california, which is where they are based out of, they have a horrible horrible feedback, very bad customer service, and faulty mh ballasts resulting in meltdowns, etc.

here are a few links:

This is why you do not do business with Aquatraders PICS - Nano-Reef.com Forums
    =odyssea

Reef Central Online Community - Urchin (pencil?) (and about Ron's article) pls help in the next 3 hours? :) )

Tropical Fish Forum|GoldFish|Aquarium Fish|Tanks - 3reef.com
    40679.html

aquatraders.com good/bad? - Saltcity Reef Forums

ALSO: I have not used jebo or oddysea or aquatraders stuff... I just wanted to share with you what my friend shared with me , which convinced me my house is worth way to much to risk

8. Click Here!

9. DiamondBitsUSA

They can be hard to understand on the phone if you have a problem because of their broken English. If you are patient they a fairly understanding.

All of those posts show the OLD STYLE magnetic ballasts or don't show any evidence at all. The new ones are electronic. Mine runs at about 12 over ambient room temperature.

Why did you link to the pencil urchin thread?

10. mattchew

mattchew Bristle Worm

pencil urchin? lost me..

i just sent what my local lfs , showed me.

11. DiamondBitsUSA

Your second link points to a thread where someone is asking for help with a pencil urchin and has nothing to do with lighting.

12. glblguy

glblguy Spaghetti Worm

Quick update. Aquatraders emailed me a UPS shipping label, and I sent the defective ballast back. Waiting on them to ship the new ballast now.

So far so good, a little slower than I would like, but no major issues.

The rest of the light is working GREAT.