Odyssea Lights

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by Black_Raven, Jun 17, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. darrell

darrell Astrea Snail

I have the new 60" 1072watt fixtures man i love it, but i did take some precautions i have a small fan on the three ballast they never even get warm i also have all the lights on digital timers so they dont have big power surges anyway i love the light for the price great!!!!!!! i really had a hard time finding a 60" fixture with 3- 250 watt MHs so i really like the system and even if they burn out i have a good fixture to build with

2. Click Here!

3. KingSkimmer

KingSkimmer Plankton

i am looking at the 72" halides for 600 shipped! which is about 800 cheaper than coralife!
    i read this entire thread from 2006 till now
    is there any updates from the guys who posted in 06? are the lights still working?
    thank you :)

4. KingSkimmer

KingSkimmer Plankton

5. JasonSquared

JasonSquared Spaghetti Worm

Yes that's what it looks like. Don't know why they put VHO on a MH and PC light though..

6. fishyfrank

fishyfrank Plankton

i have been reading this thead on the odyssea lights, its sort of freekin me out! i just purchased the 72" 1134W Metal Halide System (Electronic Version). has any body else have horror stories about this light system or have they worked out the bugs?:eek:

7. glblguy

glblguy Spaghetti Worm

I just purchased a 48" (in sig). After the first day, I was upstairs working and smelled something burning. Turned off all the lights, started sniffing around and it was one of the external ballasts. Pulled it apart to see, and one of the transformers was burning.

Emailed Aquatraders and within about 2 hours they said they were sending me a paid UPS shipping label and to send the defective one back. Once they got the UPS tracking number, they would overnight a replacement to me.

Except for that problem, the light is awesome for the money. Night and day vs. the light I had before. Best part? All of the red cyno is going away...yeah!!

I'll keep you posted.

8. Click Here!

9. bassmann50

bassmann50 Plankton

Odyssea lights 48" power compact w 2 250 watt 10k MH HQI

I got mine on Ebay from a seller called HOMBY or HOMBBY, any way saves a ton of money over Coral Life and I Love the lights. Had a HQI bulb shipped to me broken but they sent a replacement. I will upgrade the BULBS as soon as the Odyssea brand bulbs wear out to USHIO or ?!? but my Acropora love it, so who can argue with that. No other problems at all.

10. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Thats the same guy that I bought my lights from. As I have stated before, I only changed one of the cooling fans.

11. ShrimpSkin

ShrimpSkin Bristle Worm

Just got the 48", all set up and other then the one actinic bulb that was broken on arrival I love light. Set up a little fan next to the external balasts and they stey cool to the touch.

12. ARIZE13

ARIZE13 Plankton

Need New Oddysea Bulbs

Does anyone no were you can get new bulbs for oddysea fixture? I have 2 250 watt halos that need replaced.