Odyssea lighting

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by jefdro320, Dec 13, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jefdro320

jefdro320 Plankton

I have an odyssea 24" light that came with 4 21" actinic bulbs and 1 150w MH bulb. I was a little skeptical when I bought this light hearing all the stories about this brand but I'm really happy with the way it works. So my question is has anyone replaced the odyssea actinic bulbs with a different brand lets just say ATI bulbs and do they fit. I would rather use better bulbs than the ones that came with the unit and not have to change out the ballasts. I'm not to concerned about the MH bulb I only use it about 4 hours a day

2. Click Here!

3. Tangotan

Tangotan Astrea Snail

I had their 36 model on my old tank and I couldn't complain, it grew out almost anything I put under it (not sps of course)
    As far as what you were asking I had two ATI actinics and one ATI purple plus and Coral Plus and everything works out great

4. derek.gray.988

derek.gray.988 Plankton

I've had their 36, 48, and now the 60. Considering the price, I have been impressed with all of them. I haven't tried other brands of bulb, but would also be interested in hearing others experiences.