Odyssea HQI Halide Lighting Fixtures

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Dec 9, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Odyessea's low-profile HQI Metal Halide Aquarium Fixtures pinged on the 3reef Radar recently. HQI halide, PC actinics, LED moonlights and electronic ballasts and only 3" tall.
    <br />
    <br />
    [​IMG]
    <br />
    <br />
    More info:
    Lightings

2. Click Here!

3. Camilsky

Camilsky Montipora Capricornis

They look nice, however they get mixed reviews (at least in UK). :-/

4. kedron

kedron Flamingo Tongue

i have the 760 watts on my tank and have had them for about 4 months now and have not had 1 plroblem with them great lights for price if you ask me and yes i will buy again for my 125

5. Brandon1023

Brandon1023 Fire Goby

I've had my Odyssea MH/PC system for 1 1/2 years and it's afforded me no problems whatsoever.

6. Dustin75

Dustin75 Fire Shrimp

Are these for real? I thought that I heard mention that odyssea light fixtures caught fire? If these are solid units, why are they so cheap? At that price I would upgrade every tank in my house, sounds to good to be true, IMO.

7. darrell

darrell Astrea Snail

I have the 1072watt fixture my its a great light less than 600 dollars very nice to look at 3-250 MHs 2-96watt acs 2-65watt acs they advertise that there are 8 moonlights but actully there are 2 in every location so 16 are there very cool.
    I read alot about the light and had mixed feelings so i decided to try it man im glad i did
    but saying that i took extra care installing it i put a fan on the ballest that comes on when the acs come whicth is about 1-hour before the MHS then it goes off after the halides have been off for a while the ballast never even get warm as far as i can tell a very well made peice.

8. Click Here!

9. darrell

darrell Astrea Snail

Oh i forgot there is a picture of the fixture on my tank on here

10. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

I also have a Odyssea light fixture and its been running for almost two yrs now and everything is good so far. The only thing that I had to do was to replace one of the cooling fans inside the unit. Since I was there, I replace the other one and added two more. I also have another fan hitting the ballast. I will say that they are not the best qaulity around but for the price, you just cant beat it. If I where to buy a good name brand light with all the bells and whisltes this one has, it would cost AT LEAST $1000.00. Instead I paid only $329.00 with shipping included and "free" bulbs. Like the saying says, "You get what you pay for".

11. HotStix71

HotStix71 Astrea Snail

I have been looking at this 48 x 760 fixture for some time now looks like the corallife unit, but i am thinking its the Odyssea because of the price difference . The ad does not tell what the hqi bulbs are , 5k 10k 14k 20k ? Luna thats a good price for that fixture . Was that a mail order buy?

12. glampka

glampka Coral Banded Shrimp

True but that was a few years ago. They have since gotten their act together & are putting out a 1/2 way decent fixture for the price. Bulbs may not be the best though.

1 person likes this.