Ocellaris Clownfish FOTM February '09

Discussion in 'Fish of the Month' started by PackLeader, Feb 4, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. LCP136

LCP136 Sailfin Tang

I love my Ocellaris. However, at the LFS I asked for one full striped and one with broken stripes and I got two with broken stripes. Its a bummer because I love the full striped ones and I just wanted to be able to differentiate. Oh well, still great fish. K+ for the great write up.

2. Click Here!

3. civsi44

civsi44 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I have two false clowns that host the thermometer. I got one as my first fish and added another a month later and they bonded instantly. They only leave the thermometer to eat and to come to the glass when I am in front of it. They are very personable fish but when I tried to add a pink skunk clown and an anemone they went in for the kill. They tried their hardest to kill that poor pink clown, I ended up taking the clown and anemone back because of my lighting and didn't want him to be killed. Looking at them now you would think they are the most peaceful fish ever.

4. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

When I was moving livestock around during my upgrade to the 90g, I put a dottyback and a damsel in with my two clowns (in a 10g tank....yeah I know....overstocked but only for a few days). The dottyback would chase the damsel out of the rocks and both clowns would RIP him up. Back into the rocks the damsel would fly. Then the dottyback would flush him out again. That damsel almost died and the clowns were the major aggressors.

5. ermano

ermano Zoanthid

clowns are really cool...i enjoy their personality!!

OH and nice article!! :)

6. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Same here. My clowns are the top notch on the dominance chain. The YT and blue damsel's both in my tank were terrorized by the clowns if they got too close to their zoa patch. They are moderately tolerant of the tang and blenny. They seem to care less if my mandarin comes over though. They don't even react if its hunting for pods on their rock. And strangely, for the short time I had my CBB, they were absolutely scared of it. Couldn't figure that one out myself, the CBB never made an aggresive move at anyone. If it came over to the that side of the tank, they would even flush from the zoa patch and hide in the rock. Funny little creatures.

7. kss2801

kss2801 Montipora Capricornis

i just bought a very small clown. still about 1 inch. i noticed that the bottom most fins, look like one fin or both fins kinda joined together.
    the fins can be seen in the pic but these look like two separate fins. i this because the fish is small and the fins have not yet developed fully or is this a deformity?
    Pack i hope you don't mind i used ur pic. it is awesome as always. my camera phone sucks, obviously.

8. Click Here!

9. kss2801

kss2801 Montipora Capricornis