Oceanparadise1 Home made fish food

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by oceanparadise1, Sep 3, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. seabass1

seabass1 Montipora Digitata

Heck, sautee in a little garlic butter served over some saffron rice & forget the tank!!!:eek:

2. Click Here!

3. whippy

whippy Sailfin Tang

I need to remember the vitamin-c for my next batch!! Completely forgot. How often do you find that you have to make a batch of food?

4. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

I actually have been doubleing the batch so it last a while, plus i use rods food, and i only feed the tank everyother day so for me about 6 months a double batch will last.

5. whippy

whippy Sailfin Tang

Nice. I formed my homemade food into a bar about the sizr of the cyclop-eeze bars and only take a bit of eat. I made it about 3 weeks ago and also don't feel everyday so there isn't even a dent in my supply.

6. homegrowncorals

homegrowncorals Ribbon Eel

Do you add any ro water or tank water to aid in the blending process. sorry for picking your brain, i started a thread on home made fish food about a week ago asking for some input on this and did not get much comeback,:confused: i have gotten more info from reading your post then i did mine.;D

7. oceanparadise1

haha no worries i posted so that you guys could ask questions! a little water yes BUT a tiny bit

8. Click Here!

9. the fisherman

the fisherman Vlamingii Tang

I've been doing that for over two years now, when I add this type of food I have to shut off my protein skimmer for a couple of hours so it don't go crazy.

10. oceanparadise1

haha yea i leave mine on i have such a large water volume the skimmer doesnt get a chance to go crazy bc my fish destroy it first!

11. YellowBelly

YellowBelly Teardrop Maxima Clam

I freeze my food and break off pieces when I need it, no need for the gelatin.

12. Dr.Fragenstein

Dr.Fragenstein Panda Puffer

Yeah I have seen that recipe floating around the net for a couple years... I think the original had squid or octopus though.. I member of our club made one very similar but had the octo in it, he said it was a nightmare to cut the octopus tentacles...

I like the DIY cube idea, way to add your own personal touch! :)

Nice work!