Not Uncommon Marine ICH?!

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by Aqualung, Jan 25, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Aqualung

Aqualung Stylophora

Thanks for the advice guys.. Well this morning I noticed my gramma wasn't coming out.. I got home and he does not look good. Up until yesterday he was eating, no he's not. Got a better heater, raised temp to 80, and bought Ich Attack. I understand it won't help the parasites on them and in their organs, but it will kill any offspring. Wish me luck, and Floyd, too. My GF is real upset. Been feeding a garlic diet.. with varied food. Mysis, Rods, Formula One Pellets,

2. Click Here!

3. Aqualung

Aqualung Stylophora

I'm def setting up a Quarentine tank from now on.

4. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

I agree with just time and good nutrition. You might look into adding selcon or similar for the HUFA's. Ich is like the flu or a cold for us. Everyone will get at least a little of it at some point, but only the already distressed will succumb to it. And for what its worth, removing fish from a tank does not rid it of ich. Ich is always present, whether it lay dormant in the rocks, sand, whatever. It just needs a distressed or weakened fish to host on.

5. bc219

bc219 Millepora

QT'ing a fish with ich will stress it even more... Good nutrition and water quality is key. Selcon and garlic are often recommended however neither are proven to do anything. My royal gramma used to get it occasionally and now he/she does not. They eventually build up an immunity to it. I wouldn't be too concerned, just keep an eye on it...

6. Aqualung

Aqualung Stylophora

Thanks guys. Yeah I def don't want to chase or remove him. Time, garlic, I'll try selcon, and the med, to kill the hatchlings. Hopefully he'll make it.

7. Aqualung

Aqualung Stylophora

Gramma died this morning. Clown's skin looked rough. did a freshwater dip. He was easy to catch, it took ten seconds. This morning he was in the corner looking distressed and not eating. Later today he looked much better, and is now eating again. My sixline is showing no parasites visible to the eye. Clown still has some spots and his tail looks bitten off. So is this happen, or was it the wrasse.

8. Click Here!

9. chase

chase Astrea Snail

how much Garlic Xtreme do you put in the tank?

10. Aqualung

Aqualung Stylophora

I don't use garlic extreme, as a matter of fact im on a hunt for a LFS that sells it.