Not sure if he's sick...

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by capnjack17, Aug 23, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. capnjack17

capnjack17 Plankton

I have a pair of adult blue green chromis in my tank and they have always been healthy and very active. Over the past week or so however, only one has been coming out. The other will stay hidden in the rock work, even at feeding time, which has me slightly concerned because chromis have seemingly insatiable appetites. I don't see any ich or rubbing behavior, and everything else in the tank seems ok. I have a bit of cyano here and there, but nothing to be alarmed about. My question is, should I be worried about potential disease, could this be a type of nesting behavior, could the lethargy be a product of bad water chemistry? I talked to some friends at my LFS, and they are kind of stumped. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Welcome to 3reef,

I guess first thing I would do is check all the basic water chemistry and post those if they are available.

Have you added any larger more aggressive fish lately?

4. aquamn1999

aquamn1999 Astrea Snail

chromis are also know for survival of the fittest. I had 12 and within 18 months I was down to 1.

5. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

I have had similar experience they seem to always widdle themselves down to one. I think its because they always pick on the weakest in the group. I had four and one was always hiding like that would barely ever come out to eat then he disappeared. Then it happened again and now I have two. It always seems to happen to everyone lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk