Not looking so hot

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by Puffer Chick, Jan 11, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

Bubbles look like hell from time to time. It will look completely dead and then puff back up. Don't worry.

2. Click Here!

3. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

lol i tried the brine/mysis before, but didnt have much luck thanks to the stupid fish, so i decided to try silversides, i'll have to looke for marine invert food, my lfs is moving to a bigger store *yay* so they probably wont be carying much more stuff at their current location until they open the new one, so i'll probably have to wait until then to see if they have any
    when i first put it in, it let out a lot of red stringy stuff but havent seen any sense. lol and i guess there really is a reason of why i cant cook :p
    i hope so

4. Ishymishy77

Ishymishy77 Peppermint Shrimp

I have fed mine silversides but it seems to like krill better. mine has doubled in size since I first bought him.

Attached Files:

5. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

maybe i should try krill next time if it does this after the next feeding of silversides. Although i really hope mine doesnt double in size, its a monster when fully expanded

6. Ishymishy77

Ishymishy77 Peppermint Shrimp

I seen that. Its a very pretty coral.

7. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

so now im starting to think if i should even feed this guy at all, especially if all its going to do is make it even bigger like yours did, and i dont want mine to get any bigger. But at the same time it was really cool watching it eat, up until i gave it a big stomach ache

8. Click Here!

9. divott

divott Giant Squid

even without feeding it, its still gonna expand quite large.

10. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

any idea of the maximum growth on these guys?

11. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

I've never needed to feed my Bubble corals. But if you need to or want to I would stick to smaller sized food. Now that you have pack of silversides you could cut them into smaller sized pieces around 5mm

J

12. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

ok, when i originally cut them up i didnt think they were to big, but that may have been the problem also with the unthawed out fish. I'm also still waiting for my brain's feeding tenticles to come out, still havent seen them out except for one time