Not disapointed anymore. Apex with Pinpoint PH

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by pjracer, Jun 24, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

i have to exclude: aquacave and bulk reef supply from my above statement, they are 2 company's that when you call, the people actually seem like they have used the products or at least they know all about the product.

2. Click Here!

3. pjracer

pjracer Peppermint Shrimp

Well guys a lesson has been learned here today.

I consider myself to be a fairly intelligent person, but, Yes theirs a "but", i did not know that the plastic piece filed with a pink Cotton material was not the Ph probe. apparently it is their to keep the glass part of the PH probe moist and keep it from drying out. once it was removed it calibrated perfectly. I feed dumb but i am going to chalk it up as a learning experience.

Now, for Marine Depot their is a definitely a difference between sales and tech support. Chris who is sales didn't want to help me and only spouted that the probe was free so what did i want him to do about it. Christopher on the other hand is with tech support and he helped me with my problems and then set up a return for my JBJ pulse wave maker setup and sold me some other power heads for my tank.

So this experience has its ups and downs. I still feel Marine Depot is a great place to shop and appreciate the assistance of their tech support. Now I have my Apex up and running 100%.

4. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

Good read.. Glad it worked out.. I have ordered a ton from Marine Depot & they stand behind their product.. They even send me a refund on a product that they no longer carried after me having it for 4 months..

5. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

I got lucky with my probe and removed the cotton because I was afraid it would gum up with calcium carbonate. If I hadn't been having a problem with the calcium carbonate I would have done the same thing you did.

6. shoebox

shoebox Bubble Tip Anemone

About the probe that was free. I think that someone else had a similar problem and the problem was that the probe was free and not the probe you should have been using. Just my 39 cents. Glad you figured it out.

7. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

lol thats funny, glad its working for you now