Not 0 TDS

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by Mawnkey, Nov 6, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

Yup. It should always be sealed.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  2. Click Here!

3. Mawnkey

Mawnkey Ritteri Anemone

Where should i get it

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

4. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

Bulk resins are sometimes the best value if you make lots of water and use lots of resin. The problem again is it has a 6 month shelf life even when properly re vacuum sealed while damp and stored in the refrigerator so do not buy more than you can use in 6 months.
    With my MaxCap UHE I am getting about 9 months to a year out of a single MaxCap DI cartridge so I make it a point to order a new one at about the 9 month mark so its fresh when I need it. The SilicaBuster DI was changed in September for the first time in two years so I won't need anothe rone until around Sept 2013 or later.

5. ComputerJohn

Wow that long? How much water do you make a day. My 90gal uses 3 gal per day and now have a 54gal ( not sure on usage yet) piped into my ATO system. My 29gal I manually add 3 gal ever 3 days. Where ate you getting that DI and is it expensive?

That last lot of DI resin I bought was from Bulk Reef Supply to try out. It's nice that they came vacuum sealed. I run dual DI cartridge and has been working quite well for over a year and a half.

6. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

I have a 100G w/30G sump and a 16G nano both strictly fan cooled. This summer I replaced the MH and VHO lights with LEDs so my evaporation has dropped significantly but is still as much has 3 gal a day since I provide lots of surface agitation with two Evo 1400's rippling the surface.
    The resin is a Spectrapure MaxCap followed by a SilicaBuster. I have tried every resin imaginable over the past 10 years and there is nothing like it. My reef club used to do bulk buys of as much as 150 lbs at a time and we would vacuum seal it in seal a meal bags in 20 oz portions but even then it wasn't even close, about 150 gallons per refill vs 1000 gallons and that was Purolite and Dow resins from big name places like Resin Depot and AWI.

7. ComputerJohn

Really, now do put it in the same cartridge or in two different cartridges?

8. Click Here!

9. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

Two different cartridges like pictured here:

[​IMG]

0.2 micron ZetaZorb sediment filter, 0.5 micron carbon block, 90 GPD Select membrane, MaxCap DI and SilicaBuster DI.

10. Mawnkey

Mawnkey Ritteri Anemone

Damn

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

11. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

Thats my old system. It later became a 240 GPD dual membrane MaxCap (90GPD plus 150 GPD hand tested and 99+% rejection rate RO membranes) as pictured here:

[​IMG]

And 2 years ago was replaced by a 100 GPD, 1:1 waste ratio MaxCap UHE as seen here:

[​IMG]

I am running this system at 100 psi, slightly less than a super low 1:1 waste ratio and am getting 99.43% rejection rate still after over two years of heavy use. You really do ge twhat you pay for in my opinion.

12. ComputerJohn

Very nice, but what else did we expect from the RO guru. LOL. This is my humble setup. It runs at 70 psi after the 3 cartridge filters.

Attached Files: