Norg's frag system (Big update pg 42)

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by norg., Jul 28, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Im always open to meet more reefers. Let me know when you are in town. Id be happy to answer any questions you have about the overflows. Its a very simple idea, its very quiet the way I have it set up too.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Today I was able to get my overflows and returns set in place as well as the frag racks. Tomorrow Ill finish the plumbing and drill the 29 gallon fuge to tie it into the existing sump!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Im really looking forward to adding water to the new section of the system.

4. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

Wish you lived by me. I really do.

5. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Haha. Doesnt mean I cant ship corals! When the build is done you might have to make a road trip out here come hang out with chris and I.

6. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

Dude! LOOKING GOOD! Wish I could have been there to help.

7. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

Damn dude, you've been putting in some work over there. Makes me wanna take the drive from the d just to check it out lol

8. Click Here!

9. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

You are welcome to man! You might want to wait a couple months though. Its about to get A LOT better over here.

10. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Well, time for a bit of an update. I was give the glass from a 180 gallon tank with the premise of using it to build another frag tank. I thought I simply didnt have the space. I was wrong. I did all the measurements today and I planned out what will work. Its definitely an additional work load but Im fine with that to be able to expand my system volume. Here is what the final floorplan will consist of.

[​IMG]

The 30 gallon will tied into one of the systems. Im not sure which yet, but Ill post when I figure it out. The tanks on the right side of the room will be all one system. This system will probably be around 400 gallons total. Maybe a little bit more. Here is a more in depth look. Please forgive the poorly drawn paint illustrations. It has been a long day. lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If I didnt get such a good deal on the equipment I would not be going this big. This is my chance to build a system that can produce coral. I am going to take it. Since my last update I have organized most of the "lab." This was a harder task than it sounds like because most of the stuff down there wasnt mine... But it is now clean for the most part and ready for more water. The next section of the current frag tank is plumbed and ready to be filled. I am currently making the salt water fill the tank with. This build is starting to get exciting. :)

11. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Me likey the new tanky. It's topless. :p

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  12. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

The next frag tank will be that way too! The 90 gallon deal might fall through and Ill build my own rimless set up that will probably be more around 150 gallons if that is the case. I overbuilt the stand just in case this was to happen. ;)

1 person likes this.