Non-photosynthetic Corals

Discussion in 'NPS Corals' started by whippy, Mar 20, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. whippy

whippy Sailfin Tang

It was more of an aesthetics choice at first. I'm really not that into montis and acro and such. Just not appealing to me, visually. I like zoas and the longer tentacled corals but not things like long tentacle plate corals. I don't know..... Maybe some duncans and such :) I really like the more flowy pieces.

I know, I know..... Blasphemy!!

2. Click Here!

3. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

not quite, everybody has their own taste! I am way more fascinated by corals than fish, but the g/f is completely opposite. Always asking why we can't have that 5" Lionfish in our tank ::). You just have to find out what peeks your interest and go for it. If you try to cut corners in this hobby though, the outcome will never be worth it. What size tank is it and what is the current light?

4. whippy

whippy Sailfin Tang

Size of the tank is 25g, total water content is about 30g.
    Current lighting is regular 50/50 bulbs and I'm going to T5s because I just can't shell out all kinds of crazy $ for MH. The lighting will be the "all inclusive" 2 day, 2 actinic and lunar lights in one assembly.
    Current inhabitants are 40lbs LR, 1in Oolite, 6 hermit crabs (5 blue leg, on scarlet) and an oscillating dragonet. I know I need more CUC as well, going to pick more up today after work :D

Lighting: Would it be more cost effective to piece the lighting together myself with seperate assemblies for everything or is it better to just get one with everything already on it?

5. Stingray

Stingray Blue Ringed Angel

sun coral/ xmas tree coral.