Noisy overflow/sump...Please Help! Sounds like a 24/7 toilet!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Cyruskayos, Jan 26, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

My house is out in Chesterfield about 15 miles past Southside speed way off or 360. I'm involved with Richmond aquariums Scott and Richard there.. And Joe over at Fishworld is a old friend also.. I set up the Rich/Aqua Large aquarium system Is that a wet dry From Joe ?? If so I can tell you how to fix it up looks like his overflow also.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Cyruskayos

Cyruskayos Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

your about 20 mins from me :)

Yes, that sump is from joe @ fishworld. Please give me all the tips you can :)

4. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

I thought it was :) I see he changed the overflow using a white acrylic now :) I would hard pipe it to the under side of the tank then a tee then valves so you can control the flow to the rotating spray bar then bleed off the rest to the open sump.. You may have to take the bleed off to sump all the way to the bottom and add two 90's to make a U and a stub of pipe above the normal operating water line you are getting air locks and the slurping sound every few minuets as the siphon is created Then after you do that and still have a problem ? P/M me and I'll tell you what else to make it less noisy if you are not happy then..Nest Time you see Joe tell him Roger said Hi and I'm broken again LOL Only this Time I'm in Ct.. Not Va LOL ever go to Richmond Aquarium ? I build alot of their acrylic and things Joe I think still has Marvin and his son making their stuff I think Danny who used to come here left Joe ): I'm ff of skin quater road You know that Curve and the little fast stop where all the hunters eat and meet ? I'm about 4 miles down that road.

5. Cyruskayos

well, that really made no sense to me to be honest...lol....im not a very handy person....you should come show me :) haha......nah i've never been to richmond aquarium. I have no clue where that is....i live in colonial heights. I live right next to the petersburg bridge.

6. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Oh is the shop still in Colonil heights Damn I can't recall the name now Shirly and John Subert ran it They where up on Washington Hwy back in the early 70's when I helped them set it up I at the time Lived in Hopewell A&K Aquarium was the old name .. Richmond is off of 360 about 2 miles back toward Richmond off of the 288/360 exit to Richmond on the right At Speeks Rd. There is a 7/11 and a Old Lowes and a Applebees at the intersection You go right to dead end and they are on the left 5 buildings worth It's well worth the Ride Tell them Roger said to show you the Huge tank :)

7. Cyruskayos

never heard of it. the only aquarium place in colonial heights is "Pet Safari" and their store sucks. Im not familiar with the place you are speaking of. :(

8. Click Here!

9. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

10. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

I really can't recall what they named the shop when it moved to Colonial heights It was A&K when it was in Petersburg Hell I left Hopewell when I finished my Job there It was at Life Science Products Company Owned By Allied Chemical Co. they made kepone LOL I went back to Richmond in 1974 or so once that plant was up and running . But John and Shrilly Subbert ran the shop he was retired Military Marines . Maybe retired for good now ? Nice Guy and good people.. I just helped them to set up the marine systems in 71 or so. But sometime go check out R/Aquarium

11. Cyruskayos

WOW! it looks alot better than i thought! ill have to go up there this weekend!

12. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

That Bullet was one I designed and planed the installation of its in Woodlake I do all their larger set up I lay them out they put it together.. You buffer you tank by hand or additives ? ask about the store private blend of buffers and all their store brands are great Not because I developed the mixtures ut far less$$$ then what you by on a national label. See how that 3,000 Gal tank is doing it should be really coming along now ..