"no soliciting" opinions (as in door-to-door sales)

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Peredhil, Nov 18, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

Bahahahahahaha!

I hate those cookies.... I'm weird like that it seems.

2. Click Here!

3. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

I can say that I doubt they cut the chains out front and ran rampent through the community to spread the good word but its a good story. Do you as a gated community have that big of an issue with soliciters? nope I doubt it. If so you should update your security to make sure that those big ol gates work. I dont need a gate I can talk to the public without having a walkie talkie lol...... This is a fish forum why is religion the topic here.

4. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

That's exactlly what i meant with my comment,there is an absolute grey area as no 2 people think exactly the same,what one wants,another despises,if a person choses to not be bothered with solicitors,couldn't just a simple sign,window/mailbox sticker,or whatever simply stating "no solicitors"work? I solve the problem by looking out my door,if there is a guy in a cheesy suit holding a kirby sweeper,i just simply don't answer and walk away.if it's some girlscouts holding boxes of cookies,we'll talk :)

5. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

What you may think is the "good word" is the most annoying thing I have ever heard. Religion was never brought in to the conversation until you started it by mentioning the "good word". I said I love the peephole when the religious people come knocking. I would love to go in to the whole religion thing considering I think it is a crock now a days, but this is not the place for it.

Anyone that wished to discuss this feel free to PM me.

1 person likes this.
  6. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

LMAO, when I lived in my old place the girl scouts knew I was good for a few cases of thin mints. As long as they kept the supply coming no one got hurt.

7. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

Really if there was a kirby rep outside my door I would love to invite them in to give me a free demonstration on how clean they can make my room...... At 23 grasshopper there is so much to learn lol....

8. Click Here!

9. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

LOL!!just keep the thin mints and somoas coming this way!

10. yamaharider73

yamaharider73 Kole Tang

I am a fairly simply person when it comes to certain things. If it is OK for one group then it is OK for all groups and vise/versa. So I agree with you 100%. On a personel note. I absolutly despise getting a knock on my door without me expecting or inviting someone over. To me that is completely rude and shows a complete lack of respect for someones privicy and time. If we still lived in the age where no one had phones than it would be acceptable to me to just show up unexpectedly. I can not remember 1 time I just stopped at someones house (unless it was a yard sell) without being invited. If my doorbell rings or I get a knock I always answer with a 38 in my hand (being descrete of course) and simply say it is not a good time and close it before they have a chance to speak. I had 1 person knock again as i closed the door and when i opened the door the next time I wasnt discreet and they left :). I had a sign made once but the wife thought it was rude and didnt want me to put it up. It said If your not expected or wasnt invited, your not welcome go away. I worked shift work for about 15 yrs so I would sleep during the day and would get woke up by magazine, meat, lawn and tree services, girl scout, school fundraisers,etc...so it may be why I feel this way.

11. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

Ditto LOL.

I don't have kids, tho, but we also don't eat sweets much. I didn't know scouts sold anything door-to-door anymore, I thought their parents sold it for them at work LOL.

Oh, and it got so bad in my neighborhood I had to put up a "No Soliciting" sign under my doorbell. Had to make my own because no store around here sells them. And please, those of you with children, teach them what "No Soliciting" means like my mom did! heheheh

Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  12. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

I prefer the outward pointing thumbtack on the doorbell.

Parenting isn't the same these days. Anyway, all or nothing is my vote.