"no soliciting" opinions (as in door-to-door sales)

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Peredhil, Nov 18, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

can the kids still sell lemonaide on the sidewalk without a fine?Trying to make and manage a couple dollars all while learning the basics of business and future work ethics?

2. Click Here!

3. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

Not to get off topic but holy cow its LUNA!!!!! are you back friend? good to see you on here again man its been months.

4. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

I love the peephole when the religious people come around. I mess with them so badly. I try to make them join my "religion". Sometimes I just lead them on making them think that they were getting somewhere, then bam, i tell them im whatever that religious feels the worst religion is. I'm awful, I know.

I don't mind solicitors as long as they know what no means. I turn green when they keep pressing the subject.

1 person likes this.
  5. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

I listen to them when they come around. The are always polite unlike the steak man. I have respect for what they do and what they stand for. why dont you mess with the steak guy instead of the one telling feelings not can I have a buck. not one person coming to my door telling me the good news has asked for a dollar.

6. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

Unfortunately, you're wrong. That's the point of them trying to get you to join their congregation.

7. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

They better not come into my gated community and share their "good word". If you didn't call me from the gate, you crawled in when the gate opened.... and therefore aren't invited.

8. Click Here!

9. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

Really they come here all the time and never asked for a dollar. I am not siding just they are always polite. and never crawlled into my gated community.

10. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

How is trying to convert me better than the steak guy? I'll buy steak from him depending on quality over listening to the religion knockers. It might be because I am not a religious person at all or because the steak guy is trying to put food on the table. Every single religion knocker I have had come to my door does not understand what no means.

11. Kovu

Kovu Fire Worm

I agree with what you are saying but the world is going to be biased in everything its just how it has been set up for ever.

12. cdmorrison01

cdmorrison01 Astrea Snail

It seems the point of the no solicitation rule in your HOA is so that the residents of your community do not have to be bothered by an individual knocking on their door and attempting to sell something. Regardless of the organization, ANYONE knocking on your door and giving you a sales pitch violates the principle of the rule. If your HOA has that rule in place it should be followed. If I want girl scout cookies I'll buy them when they harass me at the super market.