No PE but there is growth (Montipora digitata) *Update last page

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by zesty, Oct 9, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

More encrusting and more PE! I think this frag is finally happy again!
    [​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

yay zesty!! You've also been using the aquavitro right? Are you liking the results?

4. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

I have been, but I haven't needed to do anything but bring up the Alk with the eight.four product and that's very lightly used. The salt (seachem reef) I use keeps my mag and ca at good levels with regular water changes.

I have been using the Aquavitro Fuel once a week at lower than the recommended dosage. I do this because I know my frozen limpet's reef blend also has amino acids in there.

The other changes I have made recently, is I've weaned off of dosing Nopox (carbon dosing) and still sticking to weekly/bi weekly water changes. if it's bi-weekly, I just double up the water change volume.
    AND I've been spot feeding my corals with a limpets reef/reef chili blend and feeding my fish more, less food mass at a time, but now daily instead of every other/ every third day.

I don't want to just limit it to the aquavitro dosing. I will say though, the past 2-3 weeks, everything has been growing faster, showing more PE and looking awesome! (knock on wood)

This reminds me to update my zoa/paly post, cause I have good results there too. ;D

I look back at the first post of this thread and can't believe it's the same frag. The encrusting front is just to the point of growing towards the bottom of the frag plug and onto the bottom of the rock.

5. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

so, I moved this rock around when I was working in the tank. I got this picture last night and I deemed it worthy here.
    [​IMG]

6. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

looking good zesty! hahahaha ;)

7. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

Nice. It's excited to finally see growth in a tank. I was in the same boat 2 months ago.

8. Click Here!

9. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

Looking great, Matt! It'll be even more exciting when it starts to branch out.

10. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

I'm glad you are liking my hahahas! I'm weird when it comes to lols, I reserve them for when I actually laugh out loud. again, I'm weird... haha

It it very exciting. I hate the go slow, let it grow, but man it's awesome to see stuff take off!!!!

yes it will!! I'm very excited, I'm loving the PE and it keeps encrusting. I'm so glad I got this frag from you!! Thanks again!

11. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

ok, so it's time for an update. I had some times where the "skin" of this guy was bubbling up. Well over the past few weeks, he's settled back down, no more bubbly skin.

So, I think we have the first nubs of a branch coming out. the plug is fully encrusted and even growing down on the rock as well. I'm so freaking excited!

And because Corailline likes the motion pictures! ;)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  12. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

LOL I clicked on the thread. "ooooo cool picture" then I saw the caption. You know me too well.::)