No More Power Outtage's

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by GreyGhost, Sep 27, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pgreef

pgreef Fire Goby

I give up. We tried to help and warn him that he'll be wasting his hard earned money. If he wants to spend money on a project that violates the laws of physics it is his choice.

2. Click Here!

3. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Purple Spiny Lobster

My money is not hard earned

4. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

Why not buy a generator than?

5. pgreef

pgreef Fire Goby

6. defdad

defdad Fire Shrimp

GreyGhost, you might not want to give out too many details about how you are going to make this work. Most people on this site are probably honest, respectable people, but there may be someone lurking here who will take your plan and get it patented and make billions off of your plan. I consider myself a pretty honest person and even I am tempted to get this thing patented in my name so I will not have to work hard for my money either.

7. GreyGhost

If you can do go for it, I made my peice of pie long ago writing song's. Grainger has something similiar for sale for 3195.00 dollars. You can do this with a windmill or an electric motor large enough to not consume all the power it creates. It is all in the first motor and what it put's out. Have you ever heard of the small windmill generator's. It is the same principal, but I want it in the tank stand. It is old new's.

8. Click Here!

9. brettwest

brettwest Spaghetti Worm

Ok,I was trying to stay out of this but now I have to respond.Its not just like a windmill because with a windmill the wind is your power source to keep everything going.with the electric motor theory there is no outside power source.Im no expert but I say it wont work.On another note I hope everyone is wrong and you make it work,that would be awesome!

1 person likes this.
  10. GreyGhost

I will just do it and use it for power outs. It will charge a battery to keep the lights on for a few hours and the heater is on every now and then. It will not need a great source of power. Its not like I am trying to get off the grid just want to keep things alive if the power is out. Even if I have to disconnect the tank stuff and charge the battery with the alternator and the other motor it will do it. So I am not coming back to this post. Thank you all for your input. *Peace*

11. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

I just run a 1400watt UPS to my heater and return pump. After doing the math I can run everything for about 24 hours before the battery dies. Look into a large UPS and only connect the important equipment to it. You don't need to run everything. Just enough t keep everything alive.

12. Ducksmasher

Ducksmasher Purple Spiny Lobster

lol! science experiment fail! dood, youll get a lot less run time when you introduce the alternator into the mix because of drag which is resistance which will make the motor work harder. you converting more of the potential energy into heat and noise. your converting potential energy into other forms of energy. What you is a decent inverter, some optima deep cycle batteries, a multiple battery isolator and marine (boat) multiple battery charger (DO NOT PLUG THIS INTO THE INVERTER THINKING IT WILL CHARGE THE BATTERIES IN THE EVENT OF A POWER OUTAGE). The charger plugs into the wall.

hey heres an idea, install the inverter in you old truck. you will need 2 gauge wire btw. when the power goes out, you just crank her up and run the extension cord to the tank. then guess what you can use all kinds of gadgets in your truck as well!!!!!!11!! skil saw out in the woods, microwave, coffepot etc.. thats what id do.. Doh I already did that!