No more LFS?

Discussion in 'RARS' started by cement_skis, Mar 16, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

Cool thanks, small is better than nothing. Think Ill go up this weekend and check it out.

2. Click Here!

3. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

I know Jack just went, and from what he said not worth the drive. I haven't been personally.
    We need a road trip across the border into the Sac area. ;D

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  4. cement_skis

cement_skis Sea Dragon

I know, I just came back from LA and was only able to visit one LFS for quite literally 3 minutes......this is the first time I went to LA and didnt come back with something :cry: But let me tell you, it was the best 3 mintutes of my reefing life ever! This guy had tons of super nice acans, chalices, favias.......lots of eye candy from anywhere around $20 to $90. Im on the chalice band wagon right now, and I was quite impressed with what Ive seen....even though I havent really seen much outside the computer. Hopefully my next trip will work out better.

5. pgoodsell

Suckramento here we come???

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  6. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

I think so ;)

7. TahoeMtn

TahoeMtn Flamingo Tongue

The Pet Station also has a store in S Lake Tahoe, It has a about 10 SW fish tanks and 4 or 6 Coral tanks. The owners are very nice and knowledgeable.

8. Click Here!

9. psiclone

psiclone Purple Spiny Lobster

Eh I think the truckee and South lake stores are pretty lacking. The truckee store is even trying to sell a brain with over half of the coral dead with the skeleton exposed. Really not a good business practice.

10. pgoodsell

Hey Pack, your gonna need some stock for that new tank, time to carpool to Sac? I have an expedition that seats 7, but it doesn't get the best gas mileage right now, I need to replace the O2 sensors, I'm only getting about 12mpg, so I'm not sure it will be the cheapest to get there. :)

11. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Yep, pretty soon for me! I am in about the same situation. I have a Suburban. Seats 8 including the driver. But I probably get a little better gas mileage. About 20-25 on the highway.

12. Arcain41

Arcain41 Coral Banded Shrimp

I have been ordering from a guy I meet through Abadai on here. He orders have been filled with nice stuff too. He just started on here as RNO CORALS and is new to the hobby but learning fast. He started with a tank $1/gal tanks from Ofishal and now he is in deep. I just placed my second order with him and the price is right. The first order had great looking items but the order didn't make the first plane out of LA so the order made it to Reno at 7:00PM. Everything was fine. If you want more info please send me a PM. I'll get some picture of my new stock when it gets here tonight. I have a white rayed shrimp goby in this order...;D