No more LFS?

Discussion in 'RARS' started by cement_skis, Mar 16, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Yeah something really happened there, being that the whole time they "were moving to another location" and just never bothered to open up said new location ;)
    Do any of you guys ever hear from them anymore?

2. Click Here!

3. Dasco

Dasco Vagabond Butterfly

ya one of the lfs near me Aqua Addicts is closing aswell, pretty crappy

4. cement_skis

cement_skis Sea Dragon

I heard that they are doing fine, just not operating a business right now. I guess what happened is that when they were moving, after they got everthing shut down, they decided not to open back up due to the crappy economy..............I guess they are waiting for things to pick up before they open again. But from what I understand, they technically never went out of business. It sucks too, because they were starting to get a real nice coral selection going!

5. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

Hey hows the one in Truckee? I might head up there and check them out. I just need someone with good healthy fish, the shipping for ordering them online kills me.

6. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

PM Arcain41. She knows the company that owns/maintains the tanks at Scheels, Atlantis, etc. They can sell livestock to our club. I believe they have a 10 day guarantee as well, but she would know more about the details. They are based out of Sparks.

1 person likes this.
  7. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

Sweet! Will do, thanks for the info. Also hope you guys get together again, I'm gonna try and make it. Didn't see that last one till it was done.

8. Click Here!

9. cement_skis

cement_skis Sea Dragon

Any updates on the one in Truckee?

10. R34dawn

R34dawn Ocellaris Clown

The closest LFS I got now is lie 2 1/2 hours away, oh and that is one way
    the one I used to do business with went under in February. We all soon be like Cheech & Chong saying; Things are tough all over!!!

11. Arcain41

Arcain41 Coral Banded Shrimp

Truckee is cool. The guy that runs the store is not your average salesman. He flat out told me that the fish I wanted to buy had not acclimated enough and that he'd like to watch it a couple days before I spent money on it. IMO that is how you run a fish store.
    Having said that, I dont want you to get your hopes up. It IS a pet store. NOT a fish store. There is one wall dedicated to saltwater. The fish have always been healthy and fat. It just isnt very big. I live in Reno and make the drive regularly. There is a small...two tanks...I think, coral section. I hope the info helps.

12. cement_skis

cement_skis Sea Dragon

How are the corals compared to how Ofishal was?