No more LFS?

Discussion in 'RARS' started by cement_skis, Mar 16, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

I don't know what you guys are talking about...:confused::confused: That is a GREAT deal for a 24 karat powerhead! I wonder if they are relatives of the 19,000 dollar tank guy :laughing0

2. Click Here!

3. psiclone

psiclone Purple Spiny Lobster

Yeah ronnie was wheeling and dealing this last weekend. All livestock was 50% off. I killed 2 $2 fish :(. tanks were going for a buck a gallon for acrylic.

4. {Nano}Reefer

what kind of fish and how old is your tank?

5. psiclone

damsels and its 4 days old lol. I think packleader wanted to lord the fish over me

6. {Nano}Reefer

haha there is the problem, try a piece of shrimp and let it rot to kick the cycle, much cheaper and you can't kill it :lol:

7. cement_skis

cement_skis Sea Dragon

Jans is a joke, and all the others are not considered Local for me. Personally, I think we need Gills Rock N Reef back.

8. Click Here!

9. TahoeMtn

TahoeMtn Flamingo Tongue

I am not saying Jan's is perfect, and Pet Station is a whole lot closer to you than Sac or SLC.

There are times we need something right away and just can't wait to order online.

10. TahoeMtn

TahoeMtn Flamingo Tongue

I really liked Matt and Tammy also, but in this biz climate I would not hold my breath on them being able to come back.

Keep your eyes open, Ron from Scheel's would like to do some retail

11. psiclone

hopefully something pops up soon. It'd be a monopoly!

12. cement_skis

cement_skis Sea Dragon

I hear ya, its just the LFS scene has always been frustrating to me.......now dont get me wrong, the people at ofishal were nice guys (and a gal) but my first experiences there kept me from going back. Thats why I have extra powerheads, extra medications, extra heaters, and even an extra tank ...............I pretty much have another system, just not running, in case of emergencies.......just so that I have no reliance on our LFSs. It would be really cool to see something at scheels though!