Nitrogen Cycle Issues

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by mirosh, Oct 23, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mirosh

mirosh Feather Duster

John's,

So in other words...I have a great environment going so far!?!? This is my first tank and would be very happy if things were already going that smoothly.

I will definately let you know what my results are after adding the two JUMBO shrimp!

-Mike

2. Click Here!

3. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

OK John ::)
    Like I said I Do Understand that [smiley=ohwe.gif]

4. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

[quote author=mirosh link=board=Newbie;num=1098569059;start=30#30 date=10/24/04 at 16:19:33]John's,

So in other words...I have a great environment going so far!?!?  This is my first tank and would be very happy if things were already going that smoothly.
    -Mike[/quote]

I'll Let JohnO answer that ::) ;) ;D

5. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

[quote author=fletch link=board=Newbie;num=1098569059;start=30#31 date=10/24/04 at 16:21:58]OK John ::)  
    Like I said I Do Understand that [smiley=ohwe.gif][/quote]

Oh stop it! :)

I was just trying to respond to your post that it seemed like a short cycle, that's all. If I seemed aggressive, then I apologise ( don't tell Amcarrig, promise?)

John :)

6. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

[quote author=fletch link=board=Newbie;num=1098569059;start=30#32 date=10/24/04 at 16:25:57]

I'll Let JohnO answer that ::) ;) ;D
    [/quote]

Nope, it's your job now :) ;-)

John

7. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

[quote author=JohnO link=board=Newbie;num=1098569059;start=30#33 date=10/24/04 at 16:32:43]

Oh stop it!  :)

I was just trying to respond to your post that it seemed like a short cycle, that's all.  If I seemed aggressive, then I apologise ( don't tell Amcarrig, promise?)

John :)
    [/quote]
    No Need to apologies John I didn't expect you to. And I won't tell Amcarrig I Promise

You Are probably right but I was concerned that by his tank cycling so fast that it would not be able to handle a very big bio load that is why I suggested adding some more shrimp so it would feed the bacteria and they would grow to handle a larger bio load and his system would be more stable.

It was Just MO that's all ;) :D................... John

8. Click Here!

9. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

[quote author=mirosh link=board=Newbie;num=1098569059;start=30#30 date=10/24/04 at 16:19:33]John's,

So in other words...I have a great environment going so far!?!?  This is my first tank and would be very happy if things were already going that smoothly.

I will definately let you know what my results are after adding the two JUMBO shrimp!

-Mike[/quote]
    OK mirosh I guess it is up to me so I would say Yes to your Question

10. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

John, I agree with you 100%, it won't be able to handle a BIG bio load that's why I suggested just a little fishy and then more fish some time later. Gradual is always best IMO.

That's also why I question people who decide to dump large amounts of LR in their tanks as part of the initial set up :)

John

11. mirosh

mirosh Feather Duster

HAHAHAHA....

You guys are too much! You two have been more involved in the back and forth "discussing" than I have, and I started the post!!!!! Thanks for all of the help, I have added the shrimp (like I said) and will keep you posted!!!!!!

Thanks again...the bickering really has amused me!

12. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

I am glad that we were able to brighten up your day [smiley=sunny.gif]. At least we accomplished something [smiley=hehe.gif]..................... John