Nitrates at ZERO. From 20 - Here is what I did.

Discussion in 'Refugium' started by ALW, Dec 20, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ALW

ALW Sea Dragon

Probably, but that is a killer deal. Good Luck with it. You can use your 60 as the refugium. ;D

2. Click Here!

3. wilrod99

wilrod99 Plankton

Hi ALW - I am a unsucessful calupra grower in my refugium. After reading your post I went to the hardware store (OSH) and to my suprise/consternation could not find a single low watts bulb in their entire stock that listed a kelvin rating on the package or bulb. I did find a durabright 90w 1380 lumen Sunlight. QUESTION IS, is kelvin rating only found on specialty/hobby lighting applications?. Thankx - wilrod99

4. ALW

ALW Sea Dragon

5. marlinman

marlinman Zoanthid

I saw this package at Publix Supermarket in South Florida. It had all the particulars except the Kelvin amount.:-/ Just a point of info..

6. ALW

ALW Sea Dragon

Look for the package that says "Daylight" on it. Then double check the model #. On the GE you will be o.k.k if the model # is right.

The last bulb I got was from Walgreens. I will look the next time I am in there.

The Temperature rating was NOT in the same place as all the other info. Look at the whole package carefully. Line by line, even the itsy bitysy words. :eek:

7. ALW

ALW Sea Dragon

8. Click Here!

9. wilrod99

wilrod99 Plankton

Ahoy ALW: I wen't ahead and got a 90w Sunlight with a K rating of 5700 in itsy bitsy writing only visible when I took it out of it's pkg. Needless/obviously to say, I came home with it, installed it and i am getting some calupra growth but nothing to write home about. It seems that i remember reading in a past post about lights that give off a yellow light are not as efficient as daylight bulbs, 100w 6500k that i should have gotten to beguin with, I'll try that next. Thankx ALW - wilrod99

10. 10acrewoods

10acrewoods Fire Goby

so have had lights going for a week or so and now noticing large growth in cyano, but there is non in DT. This is only happening on the glass and not on the sandbed. Just thought I would post.

11. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

Guys I found the exact GE daylight bulbs at WALMART--That same 2 pack was 5.75

12. Robman

Robman Great White Shark