Nikon D5000 Review! (Tons of PICS!)

Discussion in 'Aquarium Photography' started by aquariaman, May 2, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

nice tank man and those are some clear pics kudos to you

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

Great shots.
    Bear in mind that anything you put on Photobucket is considered public domain, which means anyone can use them for anything without asking you (including using them to sell stuff).

4. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

very nice... i use a D5000 as well! GREAT camera :)

any thought about what your next new lens will be yet?

1 person likes this.
  5. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

Not quite. The intention of the terms of service are meant to allow for linking, in the way that we normally do here. The terms of service specifically state that the license for use is limited, while public domain works have absolutely no limitations on them. If that weren't in the TOS, you wouldn't be able to link a pic unless you were the owner of the uploading account. What they don't automatically do is provide a full public domain license to be given on any picture on the site to anyone who wants it. There are public domain works on Photobucket, but they aren't just automatically lumped into that legal status.

In other words, it's complicated. Copyright still applies, but anyone can link out to Photobucket.

6. aquariaman

aquariaman Pajama Cardinal

Thanks guys! I was thinking probably the 55-200mm VR lens. It looks pretty good and at the same time not too much money. Does anyone hear on 3reef have any photos taken by this lens? If so, i would LOVE to see them!!

7. aquariaman

Ah, well, i don't care that much. They are good photos but i think i will take better ones in the future! ;)

8. Click Here!

9. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

Depends on what you wanna take pictures of. For fish, coral, flowers, and other small stuff, you want a macro lens of some kind. 55-200mm would be better suited towards stuff like sports and outdoor photos.

10. aquariaman

Looks like i found the one i want! :)

11. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

I assume that it came with 18-55mm lens?

It depends on what your main objects are, just like blackraven1425 said above, but Id go with 70-300mm VR since I like to take wild animal pictures occasionally. On the other hand, if you want the best lens for taking aquarium pics, itd be a macro (micro) lens like this.

12. JP909

JP909 Feather Duster

Love the pictures!!!! You could post your setting you used, that way you can get more pointers. I just picked up a d3100 a few days ago, hopefully I can see what settings your using and I can give them a try or get some pointers from you.