~|~ Night-rida's New 55g reef tank #2 Build ~|~

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Night-Rida, May 22, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Congrats, beautiful shot

2. Click Here!

3. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

[​IMG]

thanks guys, i'll have to get some new pics up.. here's a pic of my starfish i added last month.. I havent done much to either tanks in a while 7+ months).. just keeping everything alive and fed.I still have quite a few things in near future I would like to do.. i.e. more rock, couple fishes, and new iwaski 15k or phoenix 14k mh bulbs.. funds pending thouigh.. :(

4. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Looks real good

5. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

ok guys here's a few updated pics for tank #2. not much to look at since i have about half the corals i used to have since my move 8 months ago. and I still need more rock.. sorry for the low quality pics had to my crappy camera. i did raise my sps frags higher in hopes of getting them to color up. I just checked my alk since its been pretty low last few weeks around 7dkh.

current parms:
    sal: 1.024
    alk: 11dkh
    cal: 450
    mag: 1350
    ph: 8.3
    nitrate: 0
    phos: 0
    temp: 79

The tips are always colored (purple/blue) but rest of the coral is brown. polyps are usally out. if I dont see a improvement in next month, I going to upgrade my mh bulbs as they are 11months old and are hamilton 10ks.. still undecided on iwaski 15ks or phoenix 14ks though. i believe the phoenixs will color up the colors more, but iwaski 15k have better growth rate?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Sounds like it is time to change out the old for new. Good scape and very nicely shaped coral.

7. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Looks very nice, the starfish looks really nice in there.

8. Click Here!

9. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

thanks! as for all reef tanks its,work in progress...

10. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

well a little update.. I had my rio 600 skimmer pump go out last week, so i just ordered a new one.. I guess 13 years from a pump isnt to bad ;) lol..

I also noticed a small gha bloom starting (probly from old bulbs and no skimmer).. My 1yr old hamilton 10k mh bulbs are also pretty yellow now.. lacking a extra $160 for iwaskis 15k or phoenix 14ks, I opted to try some cheapos for now,just to get me by. I order 2 175w plusrite 14k mh bulbs ($40).. I'll get some pics up when i get them installed.. I hope my sps corals will regain their colors.. I'll be happy to even get 5-6 months out of them.. stay tuned for my pics/review.

11. jkat21

jkat21 Bangghai Cardinal

You will like the plusrites,they are not bad for the money,and if you research them they get good reviews..but im going to be trying the Iwasaki 15k`s soon(next few weeks)..8)
    Btw I also responded to your other post..

12. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

well the new mh bulbs are in. icy white with a touch of blue. most of the blue is from my led actinics. but looks good. I think im going to 20k side next time Im due for new bulbs. i'll try to get some pics up soon.