~|~ Night-rida's Mixed SPS,LPS, & Softies 55g reef tank ~|~

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Night-Rida, Feb 20, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

Moved both my 55g tanks today!

Title says it all, moved both of my tanks today. my 55g reef tank moved over 2' ft to the right and moved my 55g freshwater tank right next to it on the same wall from my bedroom. Once I convert this freshwater into another reef tank, I will build matching canopys as the stands are the same now.I will also install 2x175mh, 2x54w ati blue plus, and 420nm led lunar strips over the new tank.;D I also got 2 free 10k hamilton mogul bulbs today from a family member brand new in the box from their old reef tank they had 10years ago.. So just need ballasts,reflectors and wood. I'm very happy the move went ok and I can finally take a break! ;D Here's a couple pics of my 5hr ordeal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Sweet!!! That's great, man!!! I would love to have the variety but probably would go with smaller fish for the freshwater. BUT if that beast is 12 years old, you may have done that. Big sps tank coming! Can't wait to see.

Oh! Think it's the first time I see a pic of your tank with the room lights on, by the way.

Will you plumb them to the same sump? What do you have in mind?

- Mag.

4. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

very nice move man... good thing nothing went wrong!!!

5. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

looking good man;) That set up will look great when you get done with converting it.
    Have you thought about connecting both tanks together once it's converted and cycled?

1 person likes this.
  6. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

yea that fish was 2-3" back in 1998! Mr. Red Devils has killed or ate all of his other tankmates over the years.. lol just trying to find a good home for him now. I'll probly keep seperate sumps/fuges for these tanks. I'll probly do a 10g sump and 10g fuge under the new tank as I can fit both under the stand pretty easily. raise the fuge and drill a gravity feed drain back into sump.

yea my sponge might die, it was out of water for a couple minutes.. forgot to lay it on its side when draining water out. all the fish and corals look good. it wasnt fun, but it needed to be done. and its finally over. 8)

7. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

Thanks!
    I'll probly do seperate sumps/fuges and let it cycle by itself. that will give me time to get more stuff needed for it. i.e. lighting, pumps,etc..

8. Click Here!

9. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

I was just thinking that thing could eat all your SW fish in one gulp. LOL

You can still try and save the sponge by rotating it under water to try and get the trapped air to come out.

1 person likes this.
  10. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

yea he's trying to right now.. he's looking through the side panel of his tank into the reef tank.. lol checking out his new buddies.

yea I took the sponge and gave it a little rub to see if any bubbles were trapped. thanks for the tip.

11. bje

bje Long-fin Bannerfish

heh thats a mean fish :) nice setups you have there

1 person likes this.
  12. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

thanks, he's like my dog. same age. been calling local public aquariums to see if they want him. got 1 reply today they dont have a tank for him (aka they dont want there pretty fish to get eaten.) lol I know i seen a red devil at busch gardens before.. might try them.