Nigerian money scam

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by JohnO, Jul 4, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Soooooo, do you think she wants you to contact the bank or not....that part isn't exactly clear :)

Now tell me how this scam is supposed to work. Supposedly, she wants you to get "her" money from the bank transferred to your account? Is that so that she can get a hold of your account information in order to tap your assets? :)

2. Click Here!

3. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

Oh yes, but it's not really the bank :) Citibank doesn't have a branch there and the email address is a fake, cbj.net is one of those free sites and also offers redirection services.

What happens with the scam is they normally go through the whole process until the very last minute and then tell you that you need to cover a multitude of bank costs, government charges, transfer duties and that they wont release the monies until you transfer an amount ( nom 5-10K ) into a particular account. Then they disappear.

Some folk have been stupid enough to actually go to Nigeria to complete this transaction, and some have even been murdered.

Better explained here:

http://home.rica.net/alphae/419coal/

John

4. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

Here's the plan :)

Citi Bank does not have a branch in Senegal ( duh ) and the email address seems to be to a free site that offers redirection. So I think I will also write to Mr. Papu Dolpi ( Director of Foreign Operations ) pour my heart out to him and see what happens from there. Remember I can't talk :) Why does she torment me so

5. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

;D She was kind of vague on that subject ;D

6. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

Well, let's find out and add a few twists, my reply to Yima

My loving Yima,

I am disappointed as I fear that I cannot help you in your mission. As I have already told you I cannot speak so I cannot contact the banl via telephone. I will however send Mr. Papu Dolpi an email and explain the situation and maybe we can make arrangements.

Last night, after seeing your message ( my heart always flutters when my email sounds a special sound when the email is from you. It plays the Wedding March ) I had an idea, I will fly to Senegal over this weekend and we make this telephone call together, that way we can have this arrangement finalized quickly.

I will let you know my flight details tomorrow, in the meantime please send me your address so I can come to your house, or you can come and see me in the Hotel, that I will leave up to you.

See you in a few days

John x x x

7. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

Sounds good to me !!
    You are pretty good at this John ;) If she only knew who was playing who.
    This is like a game of chess ;) ;D

8. Click Here!

9. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

:biglaugh: What a Casanova! :biglaugh:

It's hard to believe that people (men) can be so gullible but nothing really surprises me anymore :)

10. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

:biglaugh: You noticed that too aye? :biglaugh:

11. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

Well, I try hard :)

John

12. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

To be a Casanova or to be gullible? :)