Next tattoos!? Start off my "reef sleve"

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Toallhisdoom, Mar 19, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

Just more pics of her work.

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Toallhisdoom

If anyone wants her to draw something up let me know ;) its amazing how she will look at a reference picture and draw the exact same thing down on paper. I cant understand how people are capable of such things. haha i draw stick figures and that's about it.

4. diverdan

diverdan Bangghai Cardinal

You can also get her some raw pig legs and have her practice that way. That's how I was taught how to do stitches in dive school. Same consistency (almost) as skin and a lot cheaper than the fake skin. Oh and you also have dinner when she's done sleeving up your pigs arm.

Thanks, if I decide to go with my theme I talked about I will let you know and maybe she can sketch something up.

5. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Probably going to get some hate here, but here goes nothing... Thats a terrible idea... Not at all insulting your girlfriend or her work, but apprenticing basically is free labor for the shop. To move up in this industry you really have to work for it and have a shop back you. The purpose of the free labor is to prove your worth. Besides the machine you will need, decent selection of inks, multiple needle types, probably multiple machines, power supply, foot pedal, and an autoclave to start out. And thats kinda still barebones to start out, and you are talking big bucks... Getting tattooed in your home is all around a bad idea. Getting an infection or having complications with a tattoo is very uncommon when getting tattooed by a professional, but it happens. When getting tattooed at home your chances of having issues are 1000 times higher. Again, Im not saying your girlfriend isnt capable, but have her tattoo you in a shop if you are going to have her do it. If not have a professional do it. Its going to be on your skin forever. Dont settle for anything less that professional quality.

6. Toallhisdoom

She learned all about the sterile aspect of it. She basically learned everything up to the actual tattooing. Then we needed money so she had to leave and get a job. But I would have her tattoo pigs for a while till she got the hang of it. Hahaha

7. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

she definitely is talented. I don't think he was saying that she'd practice and then do his tatoo or maybe I misunderstood. Just that she could hone her skills. My advice, if you want something bad enough and you have the drive and desire, pursue it! As with all good things in life, you have to put in your dues to get the reward. If she's really interested, it sounds like she maybe should consider going back to a shop and train. Just my .02. :)

I also had read the remark wrong about a true professional tattoo artist. I thought it said that a really good one would want to smack you LOL reread it and get it now

8. Click Here!

9. Chance

Chance Bubble Tip Anemone

I want clownfish stripes on my bicep :)

10. diverdan

diverdan Bangghai Cardinal

Unfortunately only you and true reefers will know what those stripes are. You can go with a naked clown fish stripes, I think that would be pretty cool. Lol.

11. tcmemphisbbq

tcmemphisbbq Spaghetti Worm

I am wanting to get one with the image that is my avatar :) Love to scuba

12. RoloSaez

RoloSaez Millepora

I want a spartan theme on my lower leg! I would like a lion fish of some kind or a cool sea turtle where you can play with the lines of the shell or of the lionfish to get two images outta one.