Newest photos, and questions

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by Uvajed, May 27, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. MaMoL

MaMoL Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Oshkosh here - Is there a LFS right there in West Bend? I think I've heard about one in that area...

Sometime soon here I think I might run up to Rhinelander for a day to check out Drs. Foster & Smiths place. Actually, I think their coral and frag conference is this weekend. Would definitely be worth checking out!

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Uvajed

Uvajed Flamingo Tongue

There's a place called 'Pet Stuff'. They don't have a web site, but are in the on line phone book. They have a great staff, will order anything you need, and have been really helpful with me and setting up my tank. Across the street is Petco, which is flashier and fancier, but, I'm really leary of that place. Dog stuff is one thing, but salt tanks are an entire different process. If you're ever down this way, they are really great with customer service. They'll tell me stuff, like, don't get this yet, do this, you don't need to buy this, etc. So, I support them as much as possible. They are located near the intersection of Paradise and Hwy 33. (41 south to 33 east about 8 miles or so, south on 45 to Paradise, just a block east of 45)

PS, did you have flood damage? None at my house.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  4. MaMoL

Thanks for the info, I'll check that place out next time I get down that way. There's a decent store here in town but I like checking out all the stores in the area.

Not too bad for me with the flooding. Half of my basement had about 3 inches or so of water when the storm drain finally filled and backed up. Lost a few things but nothing major. Started to get a little nervous when my street turned into a small river for a little while though.

1 person likes this.
  5. Uvajed

Uvajed Flamingo Tongue

I'm glad you didn't suffer too much damage. My In laws live in FDL, there was major damage throughout the town. Our house is high on a ridge, (like the ledge in FDL) so, It'll be a Noah type flood before we see any damage here. I'm glad you are alright. My daughter in Sheboygan had 'running water' down her basement walls, but no real damage.

There's a relatively new store in Menomonee Falls, the corner of Appleton and Pilgrim, (41 has a 'Pilgram Road' exit), "Pet World". If you get down this way, I'd head 30 miles south just to look. They're pricey, but, it's a real pretty store. They have nice display tanks, it'll make you drool. It almost looks like an aquarium. It's the prettiest display of SW fish I've seen in this area. This is a fairly new store. Don't bother going to the Hartford store, nothing special there.

What's your LFS?

6. MaMoL

Aquarium Pets. It's a small place but has a pretty decent selection usually. If you're interested in checking it out just let me know and I'll send you the directions.

7. SmittyCoco

SmittyCoco Fire Shrimp

Nice work Cindy. Glad you are having fun with this hobby . Keep up on your tank and you will have loads of fun. You just happened to stumble onto the best reef forum on the net hands down.:trampolin